Interested in Christchurch?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Christchurch each week.
Topics include Dining Scene, New Zealand: For Foreign Visitors & more!
Where To Book A Christchurch Hotel
Whilst the February 2011 earthquake put a damper on many people’s plans to book a Christchurch hotel or backpackers room due to many being damaged and consequently demolished, Christchurch still has just on 8600 beds available across the city to visitors in more than 270 commercial accommodation outlets as at 1 October 2012. You just need to do a little research to find them.
As of 1 November 2012, Christchurch hotel accommodations are AVAILABLE at:
- Copthorne Commodore Christchurch Hotel (near the airport)
- Hotel Sudima (near the airport)
- Ibis Hotel (Central City, Hereford Street)
- The Chateau on the Park (near Hagley Park)
- The George (close to the red zone, Rolleston Ave opposite Hagley Park)
- Peppers Resort (luxury accommodation on a golf course near the airport)
- The Elms (Scenic Circle)
- Cotswold (Scenic Circle)
- Pavillions (Papanui Rd)
There are also other hotels open. For up-to-date information see the Find:ChCh interactive map.
The following city centre Christchurch hotel accommodations are CLOSED but due to be reopened next year once repairs have been made and the central city cordon removed:
- Latimer Hotel (currently being rebuilt)
- The Millennium Cathedral Square
- Heritage Hotel Cathedral Square
- The Marque
The city should
see around 2,000 more Christchurch hotel
rooms operating by early 2013, industry experts say. Don’t let the
earthquake derail your plans to stay in a Christchurch
hotel. There is still much to see and do in Christchurch. Space is
extremely limited, so it is recommended that you book in advance.