Boston TourismBoston HotelsBoston Guest HouseBoston Holiday HomesBoston Holiday PackagesBoston FlightsBoston RestaurantsBoston AttractionsBoston ShoppingBoston Travel ForumBoston PhotosBoston MapBoston Visitors GuideHotels
All Boston HotelsBoston Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BostonBy Hotel TypePlaces to Visit
Boston HostelsRomantic Hotels in BostonResorts in BostonBoston Green HotelsLuxury Hotels in BostonFamily Hotels in BostonSpa Resorts in BostonBusiness Hotels in BostonBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Hampton by Hilton Hotels in BostonFour Seasons Hotels in BostonPreferred Hotels & Resorts in BostonWyndham Hotels in BostonHilton Hotels in BostonHyatt Hotels in BostonInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in BostonChoice Hotels in BostonAC Hotels in BostonCourtyard Hotels in BostonKimpton Hotels in BostonDoubleTree by Hilton Hotels in BostonResidence Inns in BostonWestin Hotels in BostonMarriott Hotels in BostonPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
South End HotelsSeaport District / South Boston Waterfront HotelsNorth End HotelsDowntown HotelsKenmore HotelsLongwood HotelsRoxbury HotelsJeffries Point HotelsHotels near City PointHotels near Fields Corner EastPopular Boston Categories
Cheap Hotels in BostonBoutique Hotels in BostonBoston Hotels with Hot TubsCondo Hotels in BostonBoston Hot Tub Suite HotelsBoston Cheap Pet Friendly HotelsBoston Luxury LodgesExclusive Resorts in BostonCouples Resorts in BostonFamily Resorts in BostonNear Landmarks
Hotels near Freedom TrailHotels near Fenway ParkHotels near Boston Public GardenHotels near Museum of Fine ArtsHotels near Faneuil Hall MarketplaceHotels near North EndHotels near Boston CommonHotels near Boston Tea Party Ships & MuseumHotels near New England AquariumHotels near Boston Public LibraryNear Train Stations
Hotels near Downtown CrossingHotels near South StationHotels near AndrewHotels near BroadwayHotels near JFK/UMassHotels near Savin HillHotels near Park StHotels near ChinatownHotels near BoylstonHotels near Tufts Medical CenterNear Airports
Hotels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Hotels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Hotels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Motels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Near Colleges
Hotels near New England College of Business and FinanceHotels near Empire Beauty SchoolHotels near Urban College of BostonHotels near New England School of LawHotels near Suffolk UniversityHotels near North Bennet Street SchoolHotels near MGH Institute of Health ProfessionsHotels near University of Massachusetts BostonHotels near Eastern Nazarene CollegeHotels near Everest Institute - Chelsea, MA
All things to do in BostonAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday homesShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar HireMore
Fenway Park: Tickets & ToursFreedom Trail: Tickets & ToursMuseum of Fine Arts: Tickets & ToursBoston Tea Party Ships & Museum: Tickets & ToursNorth End: Tickets & ToursBoston Public Garden: Tickets & ToursJohn F. Kennedy Presidential Museum & Library: Tickets & ToursSamuel Adams Brewery: Tickets & ToursBoston Public Library: Tickets & ToursMuseum of Science: Tickets & ToursIsabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Tickets & ToursBoston Common: Tickets & ToursUSS Constitution: Tickets & ToursBeacon Hill: Tickets & ToursUSS Constitution Museum: Tickets & Tours
Boston Tourism: Best of Boston
You've got to walk the Freedom Trail the first time you visit Boston. That's just a given. Make sure you step off the line on the pavement, though, and explore some of Boston's fine museums (try the Gardner—art masterpieces displayed in their collector's mansion) and old neighbourhoods (like the North End, where you can get the best cannoli this side of Italy). You can't claim to have experienced real Boston culture, though, unless you've watched a Red Sox game from the bleachers.
Start planning for Boston
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Boston
Boston With the Whole Fam
For a big city, Boston has major kid-appeal. First there's the magic of Fenway, then there's the "oversized playground" vibe of Boston Common. And don't even get me started on the city's famed cannoli. Here's a roundup of sights and attractions that appeal to kids of all ages.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- New England Aquarium5,670Penguins! Seals! Balloonfish! This aquarium has it all. You could easily spend a full day here, just bobbing around among the tanks and pools spotting your favorite critters.
- Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum6,352Sneak in another teachable moment by taking the kids to see this vessel and museum. Kids will appreciate touring an 18th-century ship (shiver-me-timbers!) and adults can dive into the Revolutionary history documented here—or take a breather in the tea room.
- The Mapparium903What kid doesn't want to step into a giant globe and go exploring? The Mapparium offers exactly that.
- Boston Children's Museum977No family trip would be complete without hitting the Boston Children's Museum, a wonderland with playspaces, an art studio, a maze, a nature walk, and more. This is the perfect spot to hold up during a rainy day.
- Boston Duck Tours7,288Ducks on parade! These Duck Tours are operated by a fleet of land/water hybrid vehicles that can give you a great overview of the city and its landmarks. Plus, they're super fun to ride in.
- J.P. Licks130I scream, you scream, we all scream for J.P. Licks! This is kid-pleasing ice cream in oodles of flavors.
- Fenway Park16,667Come here to root for the home team or just take a tour and soak up that Big League energy.
- Modern Pastry Shop2,148The biggest debate in Boston is who makes the best cannoli. Some swear by Mike's but my vote goes to Modern. Feel free to taste-test both!
- Freedom Trail17,426Sneaking in a little history lesson while sightseeing is what Boston is all about! Set off on the Freedom Trail and you'll cover several Revolutionary sights in the space of an afternoon.
- Swan Boats272A Boston rite of passage, the swan boats delight children and adults alike as they glide across the pond.
- Boston Common6,433Boston Common and the neighboring Boston Public Garden is a great place to let kids work out all their wiggles among some of the prettiest turf the city can offer.
- Making Way for Ducklings Statues64Kick off your trip with a visit to this iconic duckling statue. Locals will often dress these ducks up in themed clothes, so you might see them decked out in tiny sports jerseys.