Cairns TourismCairns HotelsCairns Guest HouseCairns Holiday HomesCairns FlightsCairns RestaurantsCairns AttractionsCairns Travel ForumCairns PhotosCairns MapHotels
All Cairns HotelsCairns Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in CairnsBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday homesTravel StoriesCruisesCar HireMore
Cairns MotelsCairns CampsitesCairns HostelsCairns Beach HotelsBusiness Hotels in CairnsCasinos in CairnsRomantic Hotels in CairnsLuxury Hotels in CairnsFamily Hotels in CairnsSpa Resorts in CairnsCairns Green HotelsResorts in CairnsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Rydges Hotels in CairnsPullman Hotels in CairnsAccor Hotels in CairnsMantra Hotels in CairnsWyndham Hotels in CairnsHilton Hotels in CairnsCrystalbrook Collection Hotels in CairnsPopular AmenitiesPopular Cairns Categories
Honeymoon Hotels in CairnsSuite Resorts in CairnsDiving Resorts in CairnsCairns Hotels with Smoking RoomsCairns Casino Spa HotelsCairns Pet Friendly CampsitesCairns Hot Tub Suite HotelsCairns Beach Spa HotelsCairns Hotels with WaterparksCairns Hotels with Weekly RatesMore Cairns Categories
Cairns Adventure ResortsCairns Hotels with Bike RentalsCairns Hotels with Swim-up BarCairns Hotels with GymCairns Hotels with Walk-in ShowerCairns Exotic ResortsCairns Hotels with ConciergeCairns Hotels with Laundry FacilitiesCairns Horseback Riding HotelsCairns Exotic HotelsCairns Hiking ResortsCairns Hotels with Tennis CourtsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Esplanade BoardwalkHotels near Cairns Botanic GardensHotels near Green IslandHotels near Cairns AquariumHotels near Muddy's PlaygroundHotels near Atherton TablelandsHotels near The Reef Hotel CasinoHotels near Michaelmas CayHotels near The Australian Armour & Artillery MuseumHotels near Josephine FallsNear AirportsPopular Hotel Categories
Cairns Tourism: Best of Cairns
A laid-back city and gateway to Queensland's tropical north
Cairns is the perfect place for passionate divers, adrenaline junkies, and after dark revelers, offering heart-pounding adventure and a booming nightlife scene in a vibrant, tropical setting. The friendly Queensland metropolis is a gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree National Park, and plenty of amazing islands in Queensland's tropical north. Embark on an eco-adventure or take a dip in a lagoon pool before hitting the town to unwind along the Esplanade Boardwalk.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Cairns.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Cairns restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
The Ultimate Friends Trip to Cairns
I lived in Cairns for 7 months in college and I will never forget the experiences I had there. When you're in Australia you have to be open to adventure, trying new foods (there is plenty!) and experieince their great night life. This may be obvious, but, whatever you do, don't miss the GBR.
Emily Brillanti, New York City, NY
- The Woolshed37This was the bar we frequented the most. It gets pretty packed late at night on the weekends, but if you're looking for a lively atmosphere in the evening, into the night, this is a great spot!
- Cairns Boutique Walking Tours4Booze and a fun walking tour, need I say more?
- Rusty's Market451Rusty's is a great place to spend a few hours. There's tons of exotic fruit to try, and the overall people-watching experience is always enjoyable!
- Skypark Cairns by AJ Hackett914I did Bungee twice while I was in Cairns. It is too scary the first time, so you have to go a second time when you can really enjoy the experience. The staff was highly trained and comforting during the entire process! ENJOY!
- Crystal Cascades372If you are able to find some mopeds to rent, it's a great scenic drive up to the cascades. You will likely need a swim once you get there, and the cascades are a great way to cool down!
- Esplanade Boardwalk6,112You can't miss the Esplanade. Take the 2A bus right into town and it drops you off nearby. It's a nice place to watch the boats, and the tides come in. If you are up for some exercise, there are always people running.