What is Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travellers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
Rome TourismRome HotelsRome Guest HouseRome Holiday HomesRome FlightsRome RestaurantsRome AttractionsRome Travel ForumRome PhotosRome MapRome Visitors GuideHotels
All Rome HotelsRome Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in RomeBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday homesTravel StoriesCruisesCar HireMore
Rome MotelsRome CampsitesRome HostelsRome Green HotelsSpa Resorts in RomeResorts in RomeRomantic Hotels in RomeRome Beach HotelsBusiness Hotels in RomeFamily Hotels in RomeLuxury Hotels in RomeBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Rocco Forte Hotels in RomeBarcelo Hotels & Resorts in RomeRadisson Hotels in RomeSonder Hotels in Romeibis Hotels in RomeLO.AN Hotels in RomeB&B Hotels in RomeUNA Hotels in RomeH10 Hotels in RomeQuality Inns in RomeNovotel Hotels in RomeBest Western Plus Hotels in RomeMercure Hotels in RomeSheraton Hotels in RomeChoice Hotels in RomePopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Esquilino HotelsParioli HotelsColonna HotelsMonti HotelsTestaccio HotelsAventine HotelsLudovisi / Via Veneto HotelsSan Saba HotelsPopular Rome Categories
Discount Hotels in RomeDesign Hotels in RomeCheap Hostels in RomeRome City Center HotelsHoneymoon Hotels in RomeApartment Hotels in RomeRome Hotels with Laundry FacilitiesRome Hotels with Air ConditioningRome Adventure HotelsRome Hotels with Walk-in ShowerMore Rome Categories
Rome Yoga HotelsRome Hotels with Rooftop PoolRome Hotels with Banquet HallRome Hotels with FireplacesRome Horseback Riding HotelsRome Hotels with Rooftop BarRome Hiking HotelsRome Hotels with Bike RentalsRome Hotels with Breakfast BuffetRome Hotels with LoungeRome Hotels with Allergy-free RoomsRome Hotels with EV ChargingNear Landmarks
Hotels near ColosseumHotels near Trevi FountainHotels near PantheonHotels near Piazza NavonaHotels near Palatine HillHotels near Roman ForumHotels near Spanish StepsHotels near Galleria BorgheseHotels near TrastevereHotels near Basilica di Santa Maria MaggioreNear Train Stations
Hotels near Vittorio Emanuele StationHotels near Manzoni – Museo della LiberazioneHotels near Manzoni - Museo della Liberazione StationHotels near Roma Termini StationHotels near Cavour StationHotels near ColosseoHotels near Fori Imperiali-ColosseoHotels near Repubblica - Teatro dell'Opera StationHotels near Termini StationHotels near Castro Pretorio StationNear Airports
Hotels near Fiumicino Airport (FCO)Hotels near Ciampino Airport (CIA)Motels near Ciampino Airport (CIA)Motels near Fiumicino Airport (FCO)Near Colleges
Hotels near Pontifical University AntonianumHotels near University of Roma "La Sapienza"Hotels near Free International University of Social StudiesHotels near Guido Carli Free International University for Social StudiesHotels near John Cabot UniversityHotels near Pontifcia Universitas LateranensisHotels near American University of RomeHotels near Ateneo Pontificio Regina ApostolorumHotels near Roma Tre UniversityHotels near Campus Bio-Medico University of RomePopular Hotel Categories
Rome Tourism: Best of Rome
All roads lead to Rome, so they say. Or maybe it should be all interests. Food lovers can spend a lifetime sampling the city’s pasta—impossibly buttery cacio e pepe, rich and meaty carbonara. Art fanatics can tour masterpiece after masterpiece by the likes of Michelangelo and Raphael. And history buffs can explore an absurd amount of ancient sites, from the Pantheon to the Colosseum to the Trevi Fountain. But just when you think you have Rome figured out, it surprises you. Just look at its nightlife, which rivals any European capital with its up-all-night energy and legendary clubbing. And even if your bar-crawl days are behind you, it’s worth joining locals in the Roman tradition of an aperitivo (pre-dinner drink) to toast this eternal city.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Rome.See all
Quintessential Rome restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Gelato for days
I used to think the mini-shovels they serve gelato with were to help with portion control. Don't be fooled. It's a mini-shovel for a reason. Avoid those tourist traps — and neon-colored, ice crystal covered scoops — with my top spots to dig in to real gelato in Rome. Don't forget the lactaid.
Jess Carei, Brooklyn, NY
- Otaleg911Yes, it's gelato spelled backwards, but there is nothing backwards about this off-the-beaten path, natural gelato shop. Make the trek out to a residential neighborhood to witness the gelato making process first hand. Then treat yourself to their savory flavors. Mustard anyone?
- Gelateria dei Gracchi1,742You may have to wait on line at the original location of this small Roman chain. Go for the seasonal flavors here. For your lactose-intolerant companions (I am so sorry), they offer really great zero milk flavors. Don't sleep on the bon bons!
- Fiordiluna780My personal favorite here is the duetto of hazelnut and pistachio. Apparently this flavor is the result of a happy accident? The owner dropped some hazelnuts into the pistacchio gelato. Say it with me. P-stack-ee-oo.
- Il Gelato di San Crispino3,062If you are doing an Eat, Pray, Love thing, you cannot miss this spot. Literally. This teeny spot was featured in the novel and the Julia Roberts flick. Go for the honey, money.
- Fatamorgana827Lots of wonderful, whimsical flavors at this chain — head to the one in Travestere. One flavor called Thumbelina has walnuts, rose petals, violet leaves. Another one, Thought, ginger, horseradish, lemon peel, and pink grapefruit. Zing!