What is Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travellers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
Barcelona TourismBarcelona HotelsBarcelona Guest HouseBarcelona Holiday HomesBarcelona FlightsBarcelona RestaurantsBarcelona AttractionsBarcelona Travel ForumBarcelona PhotosBarcelona MapBarcelona Visitors GuideHotels
All Barcelona HotelsBarcelona Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BarcelonaBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday homesTravel StoriesCruisesCar HireMore
Barcelona CampsitesBarcelona HostelsResorts in BarcelonaFamily Hotels in BarcelonaBarcelona Green HotelsBarcelona Beach HotelsBusiness Hotels in BarcelonaRomantic Hotels in BarcelonaLuxury Hotels in BarcelonaSpa Resorts in BarcelonaBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Barcelo Hotels & Resorts in BarcelonaRoom Mate Hotels in BarcelonaSercotel Hotels in BarcelonaOna Hotels in BarcelonaMajestic Hotels Group in BarcelonaEvenia Hotels in BarcelonaNH Hotels in BarcelonaPreferred Hotels & Resorts in BarcelonaLeonardo Hotels in BarcelonaEurostars Hotels in BarcelonaCatalonia Hotels in BarcelonaSB Hotels in BarcelonaSelenta Group Hotels in BarcelonaThe Leading Hotels Of The World in BarcelonaBest Western Hotels in BarcelonaPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Sant Antoni HotelsGracia HotelsSant Pere, Santa Caterina i la Ribera HotelsCiutadella / Vila Olimpica HotelsMontjuic HotelsLes Tres Torres HotelsPort Olímpic HotelsLa Maternitat i Sant Ramon HotelsHotels near La GuineuetaHotels near MontbauPopular Barcelona Categories
Cheap Hotels in BarcelonaCheap Hostels in BarcelonaDowntown Hotels in BarcelonaHoneymoon Hotels in BarcelonaApartment Hotels in BarcelonaParty Hotels in BarcelonaCruise Port Hotels in BarcelonaBarcelona Hotels with ConciergeBarcelona Hotels with Laundry FacilitiesBarcelona Hotels with GymNear Landmarks
Hotels near Basílica de la Sagrada FamiliaHotels near Parc GuellHotels near Casa BatllóHotels near Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic)Hotels near Spotify Camp NouHotels near Las RamblasHotels near The Magic FountainHotels near SuntransfersHotels near Casa Milà - La PedreraHotels near Palace of Catalan MusicNear Train Stations
Hotels near Catalunya StationHotels near Girona StationHotels near Urquinaona StationHotels near Tetuan StationHotels near Arc de TriomfHotels near MarinaHotels near BogatellHotels near Verdaguer StationHotels near Sagrada Familia StationHotels near MonumentalNear Airports
Hotels near Barcelona-El Prat Airport (BCN)Hotels near Costa Brava Airport (GRO)Motels near Costa Brava Airport (GRO)Motels near Barcelona-El Prat Airport (BCN)Near Colleges
Hotels near International University of Southern Europe - BarcelonaHotels near Barcelona Graduate School of EconomicsHotels near Pompeu Fabra UniversityHotels near Universitat Oberta de CatalunyaHotels near Polytechnic University of CataloniaHotels near Universitat Internacional de Catalunya - Campus BarcelonaPopular Hotel Categories
Barcelona Tourism: Best of Barcelona
Perfect beaches, world-famous tapas, and Gaudí—the Catalan capital is a Mediterranean dream
There’s nowhere in the world like Barcelona. From days spent strolling the Gothic Quarter to afternoons at the beach and nights partying ‘til dawn, the city is magnetic. While tapas and bustling mercados are worth every bit of attention they get in guidebooks, Barcelona’s true crown jewel is the work of Antoni Gaudí. His iconic creations, like the jaw-dropping Basilica of La Sagrada Familia, are instantly recognisable and have fuelled millions of travel dreams. You won’t be the only tourist here (especially during the summer), but even amid the crowds you’ll find your own Mediterranean magic any time of year.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Barcelona.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Barcelona restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
My favorite design-forward places to eat & drink
Interior masterpieces designed by Lázaro Rosa-Violán. Bold branding conceptualized by Mucho. Relish in the detail and charm of these aesthetically pleasing eateries, realized by Barcelona’s creative and culinary geniuses.
Bianca Galán-Guzmán, Boston, MA
- El Nacional6,219Since it's inception in 1889, this architectural marvel has housed many businesses, including a café-theatre, a textile dyeing factory, a car dealer shop and then a garage. Today, it stands as an iconic culinary concept, broken up into four distinct eateries, each with their own look. See (and eat) for yourself!
- Casa Lolea Barcelona2,766Strolling through El Born? Looking for that quintessential glass of sangria? This is your place. Lolea serves over five artisanally crafted varieties from their "Sangria Lolea" brand. Paired with some classic tapas...bam. A beautiful combination. Oh, and take a coaster or two for the road. They're just so darn cute!
- Collage Art & Cocktail Social Club337¡Chinchín! Craft cocktails, done right. Collage serves up just about any drink you can imagine....and then the ones you can't. Make small talk down at the bar or relax with friends up in the balcony. The funky living room vibes make you feel right at home.
- Palo Market Fest173Located in the creative barrio of Poblenou, Palo Market is open the first weekend of every month. Grab lunch from one of the many food trucks and spend the afternoon getting lost among craft tables, dessert stalls, art prints, beauty products, handmade apparel and more, all for a small entry fee of €4.
- Batuar271One of the many interiors by Rosa-Violán, Batuar is located inside the historic Cotton House Hotel. Have brunch on the terrace or grab a drink at the bar, but don't forget to snap a photo...for the gram of course.
- Casa Bonay685A boutique hotel concept by entrepreneur Inés Miró-Sans, Casa Bonay is the product of a collaboration between lighting designers, furniture makers, graphic artists, interior decorators, food experts and many more. Whether it's a refreshing Saturno at hotel bar Libertine or aceitunas at the rooftop restaurant Chiringuito, this is the place to get a taste of everyday life in Barcelona.
- Entrepanes Diaz362This may seem like your ordinary bocadillo joint, but the old-fashioned ambiance and charming service makes you feel like you've taken a leap into the past. The space itself is small, perfect for dining solo. And on your way out, ask for "un tarjeta." The one-of-a-kind momento you're handed is far more special than a mere business card.
- Chaka Khan2,302No, not the singer. Take a break from traditional Spanish tapas and eat at Chaka Khan. This exotic restaurant serves up flavorful dishes from Mozambique to Ecuador. And the custom built furniture and African textiles help bring the brand to life.
- Bubo Born1,078The decadent dessert shop where everything is crafted to perfection and no two treats look the same. Try to eat here without snapping hundreds of photos of the sweet sculpture before you. Bet you can't.
- Parallelo191Tucked away on a quiet street in Grácia, Parallelo might just be the best gelato in the city. Stop in for a scoop, or three, and watch the founders (four childhood friends hailing from San Remo!) create seasonal & innovative flavors in the funky shop lab.
- Tickets2,541Delicious and imaginative tapas, à la Adrià. Be prepared to dine with an open mind. This artistic culinary production is well worth the money.
- LA DAMA263Bold velvet banquettes. Rococo wallpaper. Elevated and sophisticated dishes. This place is great for an intimate dinner or date.
- Disfrutar1,989A beautiful orchestration of tastes so good, you might cry. This gastronomic gem isn't ranked No.9 in the world for nothing. Behind each plate is an inventive world of flavor. And it's bright and airy interior makes you feel like you are dining in a dream. Come y disfruta!
- Tragaluz1,108Oof. There's just something so magical about the way the sunlight filters down through the ceiling windows and onto your plate.