What is Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to those businesses that are the Best of the Best on Tripadvisor, those that earn excellent reviews from travellers and are ranked in the top 1% of properties worldwide.Learn more
Paris TourismParis HotelsParis Guest HouseParis Holiday HomesParis FlightsParis RestaurantsParis AttractionsParis Travel ForumParis PhotosParis MapParis Visitors GuideHotels
All Paris HotelsParis Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in ParisBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday homesTravel StoriesCruisesCar HireMore
Paris MotelsParis HostelsParis CampsitesResorts in ParisRomantic Hotels in ParisParis Green HotelsLuxury Hotels in ParisFamily Hotels in ParisBusiness Hotels in ParisSpa Resorts in ParisBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Curio Collection by Hilton Hotels in ParisAdagio Hotels in Parisibis Hotels in ParisHilton Hotels in ParisMarriott Hotels in ParisChoice Hotels in ParisHyatt Hotels in ParisCampanile Hotels in ParisThe Luxury Collection Hotels in ParisPreferred Hotels & Resorts in ParisTribute Portfolio Hotels in ParisThe Leading Hotels Of The World in ParisExe Hotels in ParisHoliday Inns in ParisB&B Hotels in ParisPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Épinettes HotelsSaint Victor HotelsSaint-Germain-l'Auxerrois HotelsSaint-Fargeau HotelsSaint-Merri HotelsCharonne Hotels20th Arr. - Ménilmontant HotelsLes Halles HotelsPopular Paris Categories
Discount Hotels in ParisCheap Hostels in ParisParis City Center HotelsHoneymoon Hotels in ParisApartment Hotels in ParisHotels with Kitchenette in ParisQuiet Hotels in ParisParis Hotels on the RiverParis Hotels with NightclubsHotels with Bars in ParisNear Landmarks
Hotels near Eiffel TowerHotels near Louvre MuseumHotels near Cathédrale Notre-Dame de ParisHotels near Musée d'OrsayHotels near Arc de TriompheHotels near Basilique du Sacre-Coeur de MontmartreHotels near Luxembourg GardensHotels near Sainte-ChapelleHotels near Seine RiverHotels near Champs-ElyseesNear Train Stations
Hotels near Hôtel de VilleHotels near Châtelet StationHotels near Cité StationHotels near Saint-Michel StationHotels near Saint-Michel – Notre-DameHotels near St-Michel – Notre-DameHotels near Saint-Michel Notre-Dame StationHotels near Saint-Paul StationHotels near Pont Marie StationHotels near Cluny - La Sorbonne StationNear Airports
Hotels near Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)Hotels near Orly Field (ORY)Hotels near Beauvais-Tille Airport (BVA)Motels near Orly Field (ORY)Motels near Beauvais-Tille Airport (BVA)Motels near Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG)Near Colleges
Hotels near Pantheon-Sorbonne UniversityHotels near Paris-Sorbonne UniversityHotels near Ecole Normale Superieure de ParisHotels near ESCP EuropeHotels near Catholic University of ParisHotels near Mines ParisTechHotels near American Graduate School in ParisHotels near Institut Superieure d'Electronique de ParisHotels near Paris Descartes UniversityHotels near Centre de Formation et de Perfectionnement des JournalistesPopular Hotel Categories
Paris Tourism: Best of Paris
Paris has a reputation for being the ultimate romantic getaway. But what visitors really swoon over is the city itself. Those grand stone and wrought-iron buildings, the sidewalks brimming with cosy cafés, and the Seine’s curving riverbanks are downright cinematic. But the city’s charms go beyond looks. The culinary scene creates an endless list of must-eat French dishes—rich and hearty coq au vin, golden buttery croissants. It’s also worth trying modern fusion and inventive international food here. (Trust us, the city’s falafel is outstanding.) And the spirit of Paris invites ducking down side streets, lingering in museums, and exploring mazes of shops. At the end of the day, head to the Champ-de-Mars to get uninterrupted views of the Eiffel Tower as it glitters into the night.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Paris.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Paris bistros, bars, and beyond.See all
Look beyond the Louvre! Under-the-radar museums
Paris is a city of delights, one of which is the proliferation of fascinating museums that fly under most tourists' radars. Here are a handful of gems - some big, some small, but all interesting and off the beaten path.
Neil N, New York City, NY
- Musee de la Chasse et de la Nature361A celebration of the hunt. Taxidermy, antique firearms, and more juxtaposed with rotating modern art exhibits. One of my favorite museums on Earth.
- Maison de Victor Hugo687Step into the home of a literary giant, and enjoy the picturesque square on which it sits.
- Musee De Cluny2,925Come for the Lady and the Unicorn. But take a minute to soak in the fact that in this museum you're literally walking through time. The amazing collection of Medieval artifacts sits atop Roman ruins. A very visceral sense of how deep Paris's history runs.
- National Museum of Natural History1,327The museum is great fun, and is situated adjacent to the zoo and a sprawling botanical park. Pro tip: Get lunch at La Mosquee de Paris - Aux Portes de l'Orient, across the street from the museum and adjacent to the mosque. Excellent Moroccan food, enchanting atmosphere.
- Musee de la Poupee89A treat for serious doll enthusiasts, sure - but also a genuinely interesting stop for those who are inspired by others' offbeat passions.
- Musée des Egouts38A museum about all things Parisian sewers. Pro tip? Prep for your visit by reading Hugo's Les Miserables, in which the sewers of Paris feature prominently!
- Musee des Arts et Metiers1,164The French have a long, proud heritage of engineering and scientific accomplishment. This museum is a delightful celebration of that legacy.
- Palais de Tokyo629Contemporary art that pushes boundaries ... if you're looking to be challenged and think differently, check it out.
- Albert Kahn Musee et Jardins610The gardens here highlight different garden styles -- French, English, Japanese, with many travelers remarking the Japanese feels like stepping into Tokyo. Viva Japonisme!