“First visit...wow!”

Cuisines: International, British, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

The modest exterior of this restaurant in New Minas contains a scrumptious secret within. I knew from friends to ask for the cellar portion of the restaurant for our lunch for an added treat. The setting was inspired, and reminiscent of my trips to Italy. The Cobb salad merited a photo, so I took one! The service was warm, responsive and we felt respected and welcomed. Delicious and an experience as well as a meal.This was my first time and I made a reservation for my anniversary the following week

2  Thank Shirley R
Robert S, Owner at McGill's Cafe and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Shirley. We appreciate hearing from our guests. I highly recommend the rack of lamb it is superb. We look forward to seeing you on your anniversary.

Judy

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We had been seeing Facebook posts popping up more and more on friends' accounts and thought it worthy of a try. Not at all disappointed. The food was absolutely excellent and this was our first try. It's moderately expensive but well worth the money. The chef has the right touch and the waiters friendly. Ask to see their formal dining room as well.

2  Thank Pipemeister
Reviewed 20 January 2018

My friend and I stopped in for lunch and were greeted by a very friendly, helpful waitress. Our lunch was served promptly and with a smile. The quality and quantity of the food was excellent. Would definitely recommend McGill's Café to anyone wanting to eat out in the New Minas area.

2  Thank JAConrad
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We stop in for lunch whenever we are in the area. You can always feel comfortable that you will get good food and good service. They go out of their way to please people. The food is fresh and made from local products. Brittany always has a big smile on her face and is so pleased to help. We missed seeing Gilbert on our last visit but he is very friendly as well. Everything we have tried has been very tasty--whether it's a salad, soup sandwich, just anything.

2  Thank cpnanny
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Friendly courteous staff and interesting food choices. From lunch to the supper menu superb food. A go to place to entertain business clients or a lunch stop. Have really enjoyed the evening menu for special occasions.

1  Thank Jo D