See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 May 2018

If you are looking for a one or two night stay with a low budget this is the place. Very CLEAN rooms, coffee, fridge, microwave and with a nice country setting. Easy to book and friendly owners. They have done a lot with an old motel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2018

If you need a room for a night, then this is perfect. But we need a long stay (12 nights) which our beds were made once,the towels changed twice and never did they vacuum. When we switched rooms the owner said oh, you may be ready to have your room freshened. Ya think!!! They did supply coffee but once you used it it was never replaced. the beds and pillows have plastic cases that make a lot of noise.
So... for a night... would be fine, Don't stay long term unless you prepared to clean your own room.

Room Tip: Nice country air.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Ann S, Owner at Parker House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Every morning I go out to restock the rooms and every morning there were cars parked in front of your room. I didn't want to disturb you girls as I know that you were visiting at Huron View and I didn't want to disturb you. I would check to see if the cars were gone though out the morning and there were always cars parked in front of the room. I am sorry but you could have came to the office to let me know when I could refresh the room but you never did. As for the Plastic pillow cases they are there for your protection if you didn't like them you could have taken them off.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Let me start by saying I HAVE NOT STAYED HERE. This review is based on the booking nightmare alone, so I only rated "Service" and left "Cleanliness" and "Value" blank. I have not stayed at this motel and can only agree with the previous person who left a 1-star review because of the owner being a bully with horrible customer service skills and now apparent room management skills. There is no where on the site that says you must cancel 72 hours in advance, but when I called to cancel 1 of the rooms, I was told that if I cancel for Friday, I'm also cancelling for Saturday. And if I do not cancel prior to 72 hours, I will be charged for both rooms for both nights ($75 x 2 rooms x 2 nights = $300). I wanted to switch to 1 night and 1 room, but he decided to only work with blocks this weekend so I would lose the booking for both nights, now. This is for the Transfigured Town weekend and he would have no problem filling that room since all places have been booked for months (I booked in January) and he told me himself he's turned away over 100 people so far. So he would charge me $300 and the next people the same. He told me the room was actually under a different name and that a person who I never heard of before transferred it to another person in my party. No, I actually did that....we don't know who this other person is, but they probably lost their room. This place sounds like a travel nightmare. Save yourself the hassle and book somewhere else. Definitely a bully.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Ann S, Owner at Parker House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

I appreciate your response on your opinion of our service. I am sorry that you didn't get what you expected. I do find that everyone says horrible customer service when something happens that they don't like. I know for a fact I did not tell you I would charge you $300 dollars for both nights, and your credit card was never charged. I do not double book, as we have been in this business for 11 years and run it honestly. I did not rent to you because after ten months of holding the room in good faith for you, you phone a couple days before and cancel a night. I turned away at least a 100 customers that wanted both nights. You are correct that it is not listed on our site about 72 hours in advance of weekends, but anyone that has asked has always been advised so. I did rent your rooms to someone else that wanted them and they were grateful.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Very very well place to stay with a friendly owners. I've travelled alot and i think this is the best customer service any person or a family could want. I highly recommend this place to stay at when your in the Huron County area..

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Ann S, Owner at Parker House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you Joseph, I really appreciate your Review

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Very clean, spacious rooms. Owners are very friendly and accommodating. Not like the Ranch House Inn in Exeter where they barely speak English and you don't even get a microwave in your room, and the fridges in the double rooms won't even hold a case of pints. The Parker House has a nice, country feel to it being located just outside of Clinton, and the beds are really comfortable. Overall I would rate the Parker House a 9.5 out of 10. A complimentary breakfast would put it to 10 out of 10.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business