All reviews the river rive gauche friendly staff front desk staff recommend this hotel christmas party a great stay amazing food restaurant montreal cuisine mattress road
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed two nights at Hotel Rive Gauche while on a whirlwind trip through New England and up to Montreal. The service was impeccable. The staff were kind and friendly and willing to speak English after I apologized for my atrocious French and asked "puis je parle anglais." The cuisine at the restaurant was fantastic! We had the large suite with the spa bathroom. Merveilleux!!!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We were there yesterday night for our friends's wedding . The hotel is well located just near the 20 highway. We were a group of 100 persons approx. We were in Le Roseau room. The appetizers were ok ( bruschetta/bocconci on a toast/ cheese stick with prosciutto and a piece of salmon on a wood spoon. The texture was between gravlax and piece of thick smoked salmon- did not appreciate the salmon ) . The entrée was a Nordic shrimp rillette ( very good) - cream of parsnips/apple ( excellent) duck confit ( good) and for dessert strawberry/rhubarb cheese verrine ( very good) - The service was excellent and very effective. SInce it was a wedding,there was a pre-selection of wine offered to purchase - The price was very reasonable. We had the opportunity to visit their Cellar - Amazing -the nicest cellar in Quebec province with almost 15000 bottles. They are actually expanding the cellar for another 5000 bottles. There are a lot of gems in this cellar. We also passed by their restaurant Coureur des bois - which we will definitely pay a visit in the near future. We didn't have the opportunity to stay overnight at the hotel. no can't comment about the room .

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Stayed in one of the suites at this hotel and my expectations were totally exceeded. The bathroom was fitted with a beautiful standalone bathtub as well as a rainfall shower. The room offered a sectional couch, electric fireplace, a king size bed and ample living space. The in-hotel "Coureur des bois" restaurant & lounge, which is renowned for its wine cellar and gastronomy, was also exceptional. The staff was very friendly and ensured my stay would be one I wouldn't soon forget.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2016

It was getting late and we had travel through Montreal at night for a reason. We didn't want to be lost in the Montreal traffic. We were tried and wanted a good night sleep but something not to expensive.
We got off the highway and found this wonderful hotel. We were pleasantly surprised at what we found. We had wished we had dinner there and not were we had stopped earlier.
Breakfast was a feast for me, and I had forgotten my phone who I had no photo's. Next time on route to Quebec City we will stay here for 2 days. I love this place.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2016

THe hotel is well situated for business travel on the Hwy 20 corridor. Unfortunately for us the timing was terrible because the hotel was hosting a Christmas Party and failed to let the guests know in advance. It was noisy until 3 am and we did not sleep a wink. No apologies given so we will not be returning. It is understandable to have parties in hotels but this hotel is not suited for hosting both guests and a noisy party at the same time.

Stay away.