“Excessive alcohol prices”

Amano Ristorante e Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Leppington
Reviewed 22 January 2021

The food and service at this restaurant is excellent. One of the best Italian restaurants around.
However, the price of beer was well over the top. It costs $10 for for a small glass of Italian Tap beer. Over lunch, our group had 8 beers which added an astonishing $80 to our bill. I feel this is outrageous!
We all raved about the food, but the $80 for 8 beers left a sour taste.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed 12 September 2020 via mobile

With travel bans, I’m stuck checking out local restaurants and doing my reviews on them. I don’t regret visiting Amano! Food is great!
- service is relatively quick and organised
- prosciutto pizza was delicious
- arancini was delicious, but serving is quite small
- only downside was you only have 90 mins to enjoy your dinner, and you’re reminded by the waitress that your time will be ending soon... (no sure if this is a Covid requirement?!)

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank Chuckylena
Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

We eat here and get take away fairly often. Right from the start the service has been fast, friendly and excellent.

The decor is lovely and the food is always absolutely delicious. The pizzas are amazing and the pastas are made in house. We love watching the pasta being made and the prosciutto being sliced to order on the shiny Italian meat slicer!

The burrata in the panzanella salad is perfect and the fresh bread is delicious! We love the seafood pastas which are made with beautifully authentic Italian sauces. Some other favourites are the arancini, the octopus , the scampi pasta and the gelato .

We are so glad to have such an amazing restaurant nearby. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank Sarahceee
Reviewed 25 June 2020 via mobile

Ordered a simple spaghetti bolognese with a Uber eats. The portion was so tiny it looked like I had purchased a kids meal! I find it rude and cheap to provide online customers with smaller serving sizes for the same price you would pay when eating in the actual restaurant!! Will not be eating from this restaurant again. Over priced and the pasta was standard - nothing great about it at all.

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

One of the best Italian I’ve tried. This restaurant is a must for a special occasion. We shared a pizza to start and each had a pasta for main. The pizza was so light and soft, I’ve never had anything like it before. My husband had the pasta with crab, I had food envy when I tried his because it was so delicious. I had the spaghetti marinara which was also fantastic. Everything is handmade on site. From the pasta to the pizza dough. Friendly staff and fast service, presentation of food is exceptional also. Cannot wait to go back!

Date of visit: February 2020