“Tracey Murphy”

Ranked #3 of 53 things to do in Ringway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If I could give this lounge a minus score I would. My husband and I were travelling home to Dublin on the 6th April and like the previous reviewer we were refused entry to Aspire. We were told that there were business class flights due. As I was on Crutches I was a bit away from my husband and didn’t know until minutes later that we had been refused entry. A few minutes later I returned to Aspire to complain. I asked for the manager and was told that the guy I was talking to was Manager and wouldn’t give me his surname or show me in writing the terms and conditions that allowed him to refuse entry. At one point he accused me of being aggressive and said I swore at him, please believe I did not swear. The worst I said was that he was a disgrace. He then came out from behind the counter. I then left and told him to get away from me. I was so upset at the experience, especially when I said that I paid for the service and he said that the airlines are priority as they pay the lounges millions of pounds. When I returned to the other ‘Escape lounge’ (which was excellent) where my husband had gone unaware of my return to the Aspire Lounge, my husband clarified that Jamie hadn’t asked for our boarding passes and he had only offered Jamie the priority passes at the point of refusal of entry. Therefore, Jamie could not have been aware of the fact that we were not business class passengers. Therefore we are wondering is it because we are Irish as he would have known by my husbands accent???

1  Thank Tracey M
in 12 reviews
"porridge"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I was shocked to find that myself and my children were turned away from this lounge despite being valid card holders, the excuses give to myself and the family in front of us were different, from “the machine is broken” to “the kitchens flooded”
As we walked away a man travelling alone was given access, I went back in and asked why , only to be told that he’s a business customer?? I’m left scratching my head and can only assume that Aspire lounge have developed an adversity to families with young children..
We crossed over to the escape lounge where we were met with smiles and good hospitality. We won’t bother with Aspire again.

2  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great start to our holiday. Relaxing in the comforts of the lounge. Had a good breakfast to start the long journey to Gran Canaria.

2  Thank Diane P
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We found the Aspire lounge to be clean, functional and relaxing. We paid £21.99 per person, not bad value, we got a hot breakfast, coffee, newspapers and magazines, and there was alcohol if you wanted it. Basic but would use again if we fly from Manchester terminal one