“The place to be! Try out and enjoy”

Hemingway's on the Beach
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Thong Krut
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 5
Description: Hemingway's on the Beach serves delicious Thai home cooked food in a relaxed very informal, barefoot setting - perfect for a romantic evening escape. Hemingway's on the Beach can be found at the heart of Thong Krut a sleepy Village on the south coast of Koh Samui. Thong Krut is famous for its views of Koh Tan and Koh Mudsum and through Hemingway's Boat Services you can now visit these islands on either the Hemingway's Speed Boat or one of three Longtail Snorkelling Boats... The snorkelling on the coral reef just off Koh Tan is exceptional and the bare foot walks along the natural beaches of Koh Mudsum are romantic and fun at the same time. Hemingway's on the Beach gives you the best that Thong Krut has to offer. Exceptional Food - Exceptional Views - Exceptional Boat Trips.... come and see what everybodies been raving about.
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

During our vacation we try out a lot of taifood restaurants at Koh Samui.
The Hemmingway‘s on the beach was our most beautiful experience!!!!
Try out! Perfect food and service!
Price and performance relation absolutely meeting our expectations! The Hemmingway‘s on the beach team loves what they do...the result is that you can taste it! Our recommendation: Try out seafood an fish!

Greetings to the whole team from Anita & Oliver. We will come back!!!!!

1  Thank Oliver A

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Not to be missed if you enjoy authentic food! It’s a restaurant right at the beach. The owner and his wife run the place. She cooks, he serves! They are very nice and the food is amazingly good!!
The place is not fancy but we were looking for great food and we couldn’t have found a better place!! The quality and freshness of the seafood is outstanding!
There might be cooking classes, if requested in advance, but we didn’t know it!
I am allergic to gluten and it was ok! They carry gluten free items to cook with!
Flavor full place!!

1  Thank Y8100LTemmap
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Nice and friendly little restaurant by the waterfront in lamia koh samui Thailand.
High quality seafood at reasonable prices.
Well presented by the staff who are clearly proud of what they do. If you are in thiz part of the world I recommend that you visit.

1  Thank paulanthonyf645
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I visited Hemingway’s on a Tuesday evening and found excellent cuisine, an engaging and welcoming staff, and a gorgeous sunset. As I had ridden my motorcycle from Chaweng on the opposite side of the island, I was forced to forego a cocktail, but I had their Virgin Piña Colada which may have been the most tasty beverage I’ve ever ingested. It tasted like tropical ice cream and the greatest sex you can remember rolled into one. I started with Coconut Shrimp and then had Macadamia-Crusted Sea Bass with Sweet Chili Sauce — both superb! My host/server Michael was friendly and outgoing and knowledgeable both menu- and island-wise. There are several well-behaved dogs on the beach and, as a dog lover, he was willing to introduce me to some the free-roaming as well as those attached to the property. I will add that if you have a fear of or dislike for dogs, you needn’t worry. They know the restaurant staff and will not approach unless invited to do so. All-in-all, I couldn’t have had a more delightful meal in paradise. I will return to Hemingway’s each time I’m here and look forward to taking them up on some of their other offerings such as cooking classes, massage, and cocktail cruises!!

1  Thank DistrictOfChaos
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Only one here for late lunch and was excellent and fresh real flavours and excellent service. A must visit and a leisurely scooter ride away.