See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 January 2016

Great Thermal Spa tucked in the Val d'Illiez and only and hour or so drive from Geneva (either via motorway around the lake or via France and St Gingolph's border. Extremely good value and rarely busy, especially during the week. A real treat with a natural spring which is constantly producing sulphurous water at 30 degrees all year round. The facilities are top notch and super clean

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank genevatopreviewer
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We booked Thermes Parc at super short notice on the day of arrival due to a change in travel plans and arrived late - the service on the desk was very welcoming, as was that in the restaurant who accomodated our late party just before closing. However, although the ground floor room we were given was clean, the quite tired bedding and upholstery must have been full of dog hair as neither my son or I could sleep that night due to short breath and coughing from an allergic reaction - this is very rare!! In the morning we explained the problem to the manager who very kindly offered us the key to 3 empty apartments on higher floors and in newer blocks for us to try and settle into in our own time over the next 24hrs. We chose a much newer, fresher duplex and enjoyed the rest of our stay from then on. The apartment was clean and airy with a large balcony and stunning view. Everything in this apartment was much less tired and better equipped - new furniture, flat screen TV, dishwasher etc so I would recommend asking for a room in blocks 3-4. The resort seemed pretty quiet and under occupied and is a little tireder than it appears on the glossy marketing photos but the spa facilities are still very lovely and great to relax in after a busy day. Use of the spa pool is free for residents so we made lots of use of this. The location of the resort is stunning and offers quick and easy access into the mountains and around Lake Geneva, however you do need a car ideally. There is a tram running past the resort but we didn't use this so I'm not sure how well this connects you. I would recommend the restaurant for dinner (although no-one warned us of hot plates and a member of the party got burned one evening) but the breakfast offered in the spa should be avoided - it's expensive and very poor quality, you would be better off self catering in your apartment. Overall, I would recommend Thermes Parc as a good 3* and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Accomodation in blocks 3&4 is newer. Ground floor rooms are more likely to have had pets staying if you want to try avoid allergy issues.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2015

This place had some great qualities and a few improvement areas. The apartment was very clean and functional. I thought that I'd have a bed and a sofa bed in the room (didn't book direct with Thermes Parc), but we only had one sofa bed and that was it. I was traveling with myself and my daughter so we had to share the sofa bed and it wasn't the greatest. But pay attention if you book through others and ask specifically about bed space. We had friends staying in a larger 2 bedroom place and it was giant compared to our studio. The kitchenette had a stovetop and sink and coffee maker. No dishwasher, oven or microwave. Again, this was just in the studio, the larger apartments had everything. The check-in service was fast and friendly as well as checking out, but at one point during the week we had an unfriendly experience. We received just one key at check-in, but were often skiing in different groups and so I requested to have a second key to the room. I was told in an unfriendly manner that we only get one key and we'll have to manage. Later the same day, my daughter went separately to the reception and asked for a second key to our room and it was provided to her without any questions. Apparently when I asked, the person was too lazy and too rude to help me. But the rest of the staff was great so I think it was probably just the one person (and I don't remember her name). I went for spa treatments on two separate days and both times had Stephanie for my massages. She was absolutely fantastic! I had both a Thai massage and the Ayurvedic massages on different days and she did a great job on both. She was very professional and one of those people who seems very passionate about what she does. It was very relaxing and well worth the visit. Highly recommended. The rest of the spa area was great too. We spent at least an hour or so every evening relaxing in the pools, hammam or saunas. It was always well maintained and large enough to accommodate the many people who stay and/or come to visit Thermes Parc. We tried the restaurant one evening for dinner and we were a group of 10. The bar service downstairs was horrible. We were the only guests and it took forever to get drinks and we got the wrong drinks, but were charged for more expensive ones. The restaurant was good once we finally had someone to come to our table. The food was great and wine was good too. It was just very slow during the week as maybe it's not usually very busy after the weekend. We knew there would be a drive to and from the lift, but it was fairly simple to do and didn't cause too much hassle. It took about 10 minutes to drive to the big parking lot across from the large red bubble lift and then you could go up the mountain directly. The parking cost 5 Francs per day. I didn't find out until my last day that if you drive a bit further past this life (that is super crowded in the morning) there is a chair lift and free parking. There is a ski rental place at the bottom of the main lift that lets you store your skis and boots there overnight and your normal boots during the day so you don't have to transport your equipment back and forth. This was convenient. Be sure to bring food or do your shopping on Saturday. The restaurant was fully booked upon our Saturday arrival and on Sunday everything was closed so we couldn't get groceries until Monday. Another positive is that the wifi was excellent. All in all we had a good stay, but wanted to share some of these points / tips for future guests.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank AmyLikeTravel
Reviewed 2 February 2015

We enjoyed our stay at Thermes Parc. We had a 2 bedroom superior apartment, which can sleep 6 with the sofa bed in the living room. The apartment was very spacious, with one and a half bath, and big, well-equiped kitchen and rooms with 2 flat screen TVs, a music stereo system (which we did not turn on), a stationary bicycle, lots of closet space, etc. The personnel at check in / check out was very nice and friendly. The accommodation came with a 3-hour entrance to the bath complex, which was not enough (we paid CHF 7 for each extra hour) so we decided to go to Lavey Les Bains on our 2nd day. Anyhow, we would give the accommodation a 4/5

The thermal bath complex (adjacent building) did not impress us as much so we would give it a 3/5. While it is not huge, it does have a warm atmosphere. The minuses: the complex is kind of in the middle of nowhere. La Bergerie and the snack bar are the only eating options so we ate at La Bergerie every single day, even twice a day! While we enjoyed their delicious raclette with cheese from Val d'Iliez, their cheese fondue and pierrades of kangaroo, beef or horse meat, it is a car or train ride to go to the village or anywhere. The snack bar is where we had breakfast and it was a disappointment: there was not much, not even freshly baked bread or proper cheese. Lastly, the apartments are not connected to the thermal bath complex so we have to dress warmly and appropriately to walk outside, for just a few steps between the accommodation and the baths. They did tell us that there are plans to connect both. When that is done, we may reconsider staying there again. Overall, while the place has a lot of potential to become a top notch thermal bath destination, it does have a good value.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

« Full pedicure » according to the Thermes Parc, Val d’Illiez
For an amount of CHF110 one can expect to have a deluxe pedicure. Before ordering the pedicure I made it clear that my daughter and I needed the feet to be thoroughly pedicured, i.e. dead skin and cuticles properly removed, enamel was not important.
But after an hour of work, our feet were exactly as before, the enamel applied in a totally unprofessional manner, cuticles all around the nails not removed. This was taken to the attention of the manager of the resort to whom the poor performance of the beautician was signaled, also the fact that this was not the service requested. To my surprise she indicated that pedicure is a medical act that cannot be performed by a beautician. Well, in Switzerland any beautician is trained to perform a proper pedicure, just as any woman can do it at home. A “plus” offered by this resort is the “French pedicure”. When requested, the beautician’s answer was that she was not capable of doing that, instead enamel was applied in a totally inadequate manner, only over part of the nails. This spa nails service is not to be recommended, especially at such prices!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family