“Sakib ”

Hotel Bologna Le Siepi
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

Poor hotel. Clean and tidy enough
Heater doesn't work in room. Room is very cold
Asked for extra blanket- nothing arrived
No English TV channels
Leaking overflow pipe all night someone came to repair at 6 am and seemed to enjoy waking everyone up with his loud voice.
Food selection in restaurant poor for vegetarian option. Fruit salad ok
Wifi doesn't work in the rooms.
Wouldn't be first choice next time

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

I have been coming here the last fifteen years every second year. Before the hotel was suberb. Now the standards has dropped a lot. The worst part was the attitude of the personnel at reception. I had booked three rooms via booking. First thing when we checked in, was that we asked the clerk at the the reception that can we change the reservation. So that there is one night less for two rooms. Clerk named Matteo told that for sure it is possible as we are paying directly to the hotel. So I made a booking for Milan for the last night for 2 single rooms. Everything was fine until the check-out date. The same guy made me an invoice showing two nights on the invoice but on the credit card slip was a charge for three nights. Same with my collegue. When complaining he claimed that he had not understood us correctly. He had meant that for sure you can leave a day early but he will charge for the whole time as in original booking. Eventhough he himself had said that no problem to alter it. Now I had to pay two rooms twice. Would he have had told us in the beginning that NO it will not be possible, I would never had book the rooms in Milan.To me this is total bull..

After fifteen years I will never ever book this hotel for our company's needs.

Service at the restaurant was very slow. Breakfast horrible. AC did not work. A total dissapointment.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank jpr317
Reviewed 20 April 2015

We first stayed in this hotel a few years ago when it was part of the Holiday Inn chain. It was superb! Cleanliness, in room facilities, staff, breakfast and a fabulous restaurant. We subsequently stayed there one more time because although we are Holiday Inn members we loved it so much the first time. It was still a lovely trip although things obviously had changed and the quality of the breakfast was not the same. Im general, I'd say there was just not that attention to detail of a higher starred hotel but still agreeable.

Before we booked for our last trip I decided to check the reviews on Tripadvisor to see if it was just me, and did see a few other comments which voiced similar concers. But, decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. When we arrived my heart sank. When I checked us in I asked for a cot (which fair enough I had forgotten to pre arrange) but was told by the receptionist who was rather annoyed, I should have booked it before and as he was on on his own that day he could not leave the reception unattended. ?!?!?! We proceeded to our rooms where our 3 children would have slept in a double bed, fine, no problem, we'll make do. The air con was supposed to be on, it was blowing air. But the temperatue was warm. The same in my parents room. We therefore had to open the windows because the children were stripped to their underwear but were still sweating. Begin the attack of the mosquitos! Being surrounded by pine trees and a nearby boggy river, no surprise. I immediately regretted making the reservation and we quickly made alternative arrangements and found a nearby hotel with fully functioning air conditioning, tea and coffee jn the rooms (which there were not in this hotel), a restaurant that served food, and helpful staff. All you want really froma hotel, no matter what star rating it has! Oh, and the staff didn't complain saying well with what we get paid this is the standard of service you're going to get. I know working situations are not that great in Italy, I know a lot of disgruntled friends working there, but to complain to the hotel guests is a bit OTT.

Definitely one to avoid as there are many other hotels available in the price range who actually provide the facilities they advertise.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2015

I've been there several times and it is always a pleasure. The location is a quiet one and the rooms are spacious and clean. The restaurant too deserve a visit at least once. surely I'll be there also in furture.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new building are bigger