See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2015 via mobile

The Zodiaco, I'm not quite sure how to describe it. I found the food OK, but served in the cafeteria as the restaurant was used for private parties.
The wifi signal is very week and intermittent. The walls are paper thin and the sounds of passion could be heard quite clearly from neighbouring rooms, this was probably balanced by my snoring! I would not recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2015
Reviewed 13 November 2014

the location ( 95% )
friendliness and help of the staff ( 80% )
the room ( 75% )
wi-fi (90 % )
food (80 %)
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. facilities in the room excellent.
the service was excellent, the staff was professional and attentive. The room was fantastic, beautifully kept, and the beds extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PETER D
Reviewed 6 October 2014

I have never given a 1 star rating before - but then i have never had to sleep in a dirty bed before!

The hotel is situated very close to the motorway between Madrid and Malaga so is very convenient and my reason for choosing it. I arrived in the late afternoon and was greeted by a friendly and helpful receptionist who spoke quite good English - which was a relief as my Spanish is not great. I'm afraid that is about as good as this hotel gets.

I was given a room on the first floor which had two single beds. The room also had wifi which worked pretty well and i was able to get some work done soon after arriving.

Around 7pm other guests started to arrive and i found the first problem - paper thin walls. I was able to hear every word of their conversations and even their bathroom habits.

After putting up with the noise (there seemed to be 6 of them in adjoining rooms and they were all chattering at once) I took a shower before going downstairs to get something to eat. The shower worked ok and the bathroom was generally quite clean but very tired and certainly needs updating.

When i got downstairs I was told that the restaurant was closed but the bar served some food so i went in there as there seemed to be nothing else in the vicinity of the hotel.

Although i was only the second guest in the bar, my presence was greeted by the surly barman as an invasion of his private territory and when i got served, it was definitely without a smile. The beer was nice and cold though.

I chose a few items of tapas - tortilla which was poor, something else that I can't even recall - it was so bad - and some sliced ham which was pretty good. Another beer and a snarl from the barman and I was out of there.

After doing a bit more work i decided to go to bed as i needed to be up early the following day. (this is where it gets nasty)

When i pulled back the top cover, there was a clean white top sheet and when i pulled that back i was met with a disgusting sheet covering the mattress. It was stained brown and looked quite unhealthy. It looked to me as though it was a( very old and b) that someone had slept in it for quite some time and had been sweating a lot.

The other bed didn't look much better so I went downstairs to try to change rooms but couldn't even find anyone on reception. The place was in the dark and seemed to be deserted. So i reluctantly slept on top of the clean looking top sheet with the bedspread over me.

I was up before dawn the next day and got the hell out of there as soon as i could. I tried to explain to the night porter (who had obviously returned to his post by the time i left) what the problem was but my poor Spanish and his lack of English meant the message didn't get across. My fault for not brushing up on my Spanish rather than his for not speaking English.

So, convenient location if you have been driving from northern Spain and need somewhere to stay but nothing else to recommend i'm afraid.

Room Tip: Just check the sheets before you accept the room!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jerh48
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I visited the restaurant of this hotel for a business lunch a couple of weeks ago. For sure you are not likely to visit this place for touristic purposes ... if you are on the way your destination might be Cordova most probably. Anyway I liked the "retro/vintage" atmosphere, which threw me back to the 70's ! Lunch was pleasant : the codfish was ok, but I especialy liked the gazpacho Andaluz. The chocolate/ice cream dessert was fine too. Service in the average. I ordered a bottle of Rioja Crianza from the wine list but I was not lucky ( because I did not know the wine ! ) in the choice : the wine tasted excessively oaky. In any case nothing to complain about for a decent luch at a price of € 13,00 ( wine not included ) !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2008

The staff here are incredibly surly, the receptionist missed her calling - she should be a Russian border guard. She speaks no English or French and demands rather than asks for identification.

The restaurant was meant to open at 2030, but only opened at 2100. The waiter was obviously wishing he was somewhere else, the bread was stale, and the (cheaper) menu of the day was only available if you asked for it.

The bar is meant to be no smoking, there is a big sign to that effect, but the bar staff hand out ashtrays- this makes it extremely unpleasant for non smokers.

The rooms are clean and quiet and it has free- wifi, so stay here, but eat and drink elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank antwn