“GOOD PLACE TO STAY”
Review of Sterling Munnar

Sterling Munnar
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Chinnakanal
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Instead of taking the cottages, take the rooms in the main building. God hotel, good staff, food not that gr8, but in a place like Munnar, its one of the best environs to live in. Ya..Airtel does not work here...

Room Tip: We stayed in the suites and it was excellent
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mehul C

Reviewed 5 January 2012

The resort is divided into old and new buildings.
We were given accommodation in the old building. But good thing was that they had upgraded our rooms to keep our entire group together. The Welcome was nice, the rooms were clean and spacious. We went for buffet dinner and breakfast. There are sales executive who start presenting offers the moment you check-in. Although it appears expensive prima-facie; the food is good, they have plenty of options. However the day when we dined there, most curries were sweet which upset a few of us. Due to Christmas week, they had organized some DJ music – though there was no DJ we enjoyed the music and bon-fire.
The resort is spread in a vast area and they organize various activities for the guests. However, in the name of Children play area they just have rides which toddlers will enjoy.
The resort is divided into old and new buildings, we were in the old but it was alright.
The Spa experience was great. It is reasonably charged and I found it very relaxing. Take the complete package if you are going for it, because it is cheaper than other places in Kerala.

Room Tip: I think the new building should have better rooms, we stayed in the old part. But it was also fine.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Lets Start..
I booked Sterling Green Vistas thru RCI -I Checked in on 18th Dec2011 eve.On entering the resort reception i got an OK sort of feeling. Though the resort had an outdated interior and exterior.When we entered our Studio alloted to us..immediately i got a feeling that I've made a very bad decision by opting for Sterling Green Vistas.

There was a horrible smell of i dont know what in the entire room. Dirty sofa set, stinky curtains, worn out flooring, torn door mats and equally bad bathroom.Since I was too tired, we had our dinner and went to sleep after some time.

Next morning I was getting very tensed that how will i stay in that room for my entire stay. I decided to talk to the resort manager and asked him to chnage my room.They did helped me but charged extra for that. This is unacceptable.. They also informed me that they have specific(Filthy, dirty, worn out) rooms for RCI members. I want to ask the sterling people that are the RCI members a cattle class people that you are alloting such type of rooms to them.

The room re alloted to me was no doubt a very nice room. I felt i checked in some new hotel..

Restaurant and resort staff was very courteous.Food was also nice.Recreation activites were also good.Apart from the room alloted to me earlier and the extra amount they charged for changing my room, no issues. But yes the resort needs a major upgradation.

Munnar is really a nice place. The perfect weather, the never ending tea gardens, the spice plantation. Super beautiful lakes. And the backwaters in Alleppey--icing on the cake. we managed to spend few hours in Kochi too and regret that we shud have extended our stay for a day or two. No worries, thers always a next time..!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank varun4080
Reviewed 18 December 2011

The location of the rooms is excellent. The food is very good and the service excellent. The reception receives very professionally and the inhouse activities offered by the resort offers no room for boredom. The standard rooms are small but very neatly maintained, the decor and the ambience of the rooms is state-of-the-art and done well. I would particularly acknowledge the courteous attitude of the staff in the restaurant, their friendliness and their prompt service. All this makes for a very memorable trip with fond memories to cherish

Room Tip: To get a good view of the tea gardens, ask for the standard rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I was their in Nov-2010, i stayed four days, i was happy with the surrounding and the services provided by the staff, Excellent Location of Sterling rooms, Food are also good. i wish i will one week spend at Sterling Munnar.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ShethManoj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chinnakanal
1.2 km away
4.3 km away
Great Escapes Resorts
Great Escapes Resorts
#8 of 15 in Chinnakanal

Been to Sterling Munnar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK