2 people are viewing this hotel
Travelocity$79
Orbitz.com$79
ZenHotels.com$102
3,678 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2019

Upon entering the room (221) there was a heavy cigarette smoke odor accompanied with a heavy mold / mildew odor. I went to Guest Services to ask for another room. They tried to place me in another room (#233) and that room was in far WORSE condition than the original room.

The staff advised there was NO other room available for us. They refused to allow me to speak with a manager. I could not get a refund and was forced to stay in the room with the odors. The A/C didn't work and I had to return to Guest Services again.

Maintenance showed up and bypassed the thermostat that was stuck on 99F.
No WiFi available in the rooms !!! No face towels in the entire facility but only those long hand towels. The furniture was old, outdated and dirty. Light bulbs were out and light shades on any bulb / lamp.

The curtains / drapes were filthy, dirty and contained mold. The ceiling and walls had mold that was painted over. The phone (landline) did NOT work !!! The staff (Alexander) Guest Services stated the entire resort was having problems with the phone lines. My question was IF there was a medical emergency or criminal activity present WHAT DO WE DO ??? How do I get help ?

The shower had a mop handle in between the broken metal rods to hold up the shower curtains. The toilet had dried up yellow urine stains on the back of the toilet. The food was ok and the entertainment was weak to non-existent. The staff appeared unconcerned about my complaints and safety hazards.

They did NOTHING to correct the problems. They did not offer me any type of compensation. I am REQUESTING a reimbursement of at least 50% -75% but I haven't heard anything from anyone as of yet. Their website is misleading. I would recommend EVERYONE to stay AWAY from this property until they clean it, repair it and upgrade / update everything to meet the year of 2000 inhabitable standards.

My fiance coughed all night long in that room from the smoke / mold odor. So we are praying that this does not result or convert into pneumonia. Im VERY disappointed on how I was treated. They should've allowed me to cancel the reservation and get my money back to seek other accommodations but they were only concerned about making money. Our health and safety obviously didn't matter to them.

I have more pictures and videos !!!!

Room tip: Consider a different resort. This is a VERY old resort that desperately needs upgrading and updating.
3  Thank C G
Sara Z, Room Division Manager at Be Live Experience Hamaca Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2019

We are sorry to read about the bad experience you are commenting and we want to apologize.
Of course we care a lot about the satisfaction and safety of our guests, so we work hard to improve day after day.
We want to excuse ourselves for not having fulfilled your expectations.

Reviewed 31 October 2019 via mobile

Inclusive? NOT EVERYTHING THEY SAID ...

WiFi isn't included, just the buffet restaurant is included, drinks are just one kind of beer and like 3 cheap rums, when you arrive you have to wait more than the check in hour, I waited like 30 minutes more to get the room. When I went to the room it was all damaged, balcony door not working, bathroom door got stucked inside, half room light not working, old soffa at room. We asked for a change of room and they make us wait until 5 pm for another room, the hotel looks like need paint and kind of renewal. Even some employees says that is better to stay in others hotels. Some employees are nice but others you tell them that ypu are ok and don't need service and they insist. The pool is ok but chairs need repairs, the hotel doesn't have security cameras as I lookes around could be easy for strangers to do bad stuff.

I will not recomend this hotel and in the future I will take my buisness somewhere else because they are really better hotel at this beautiful country

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank wiwal1990

Estimated,
we are sorry to read about the bad experience you are commenting and we want to apologize.
We care a lot about the satisfaction and safety of our guests, so we work hard to improve day after day.
We will take every point mentioned to continue improving.
On the other hand, of course we have surveillance cameras and security service 24 hours a day.

We want to excuse ourselves for not having fulfilled your expectations and we hope you can give us another opportunity to improve the concept you have of us.

Reviewed 29 October 2019

I hated the room. It was clean. My dissolution was the appearance. Also if they knew ahead at time that 3 people where going to stay they only supplied for one. They allowed to many unsavory people. It was a disaster. The staff was really attentive to our needs but there was not that much they could’ve done.

Room tip: I hated the room and the type of people they allowed on day passes!!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Be Live Hotels
1  Thank Katt1026
Sara Z, Room Division Manager at Be Live Experience Hamaca Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2019

We are sorry to read if you did not meet your expectations and we want to apologize.
We are doing everything in our power to improve the stay of our guests and we hope that you will give us a future opportunity to improve the concept that you have of us.

Reviewed 28 October 2019

I don't have much experience in 4 star hotels. But this one didn't fill my already low expectations.

We went there because of a family reunion, and most of them could only afford this 4-star hotel near the Santo Domingo city. There not a lot of options for an all-inclusive in Boca Chica.

Trying to ease my stay there I paid 80 dollars more for a Deluxe Superior room in the Hamaca Beach, the complex located near the beach. The rest of my family bought their standard rooms in the Hamaca Garden, the complex across the street.

Guess what! The Garden complex was closed and my family was relocated to the Beach complex. The only difference between my more expensive room and theirs was... a bathtub. That was a nice gesture for my family, but I felt betrayed.

Usually, the VIP comes integrated with Deluxe Rooms. In this hotel you have to pay for deluxe rooms, and pay 20 pppn for VIP service. I discovered that at the checkout and the girl who made the reservation didn't mention anything about it neither, suspicious!.

Let's talk about the cheeeeeeeeckooooooooooouuuuuuut, (yes it was that long). Arrive to your vacations and start them waiting +2 hours is not funny. It seemed December 25th, not October 25th. I noticed there were a lot of hand-writing and manual processes that will obviously collapse on higher demands.

They were running out of materials too. They gave us 1 door key instead of 2. 2 of our little kids were left out without bands (like "babies") and I had to paid for them anyway (felt betrayed again).

We wanted a marriage room, but they "don't have enough one-bed rooms" for couples (their words), so keep in mind you will probably get 2 beds instead. At least we could fit on them very well.

Do not be very optimistic about the supposed "Daily refill". We found 2 Pepsi's on Friday, the fridge stayed the same until the checkout on Sunday (we left them there too and felt betrayed again). Reporting it to reception didn't help.

I think you cannot even phone reception if you didn't paid for phone fixture, or maybe the phone was broken? Who knows. Room 506, FYI.

If you plan to drink something it is not water or beer, go VIP or look somewhere else.
They do have rum, vodka and tequila but they are from the same local brand and don't have premium quality.

I liked very much the entertainment activities and the charismatic staff.
Both disco and theater kept us entertained all night.

The best pool was reserved for VIP, ours was somewhat crowded and with a high level of bleach to my taste.

Food was OK. While browsing the buffet you have to continuously repeat yourself: "This is a 4-star", "This is a 4-star".

If you are looking for shrimps, lambs, crabs there is a restaurant where you can pay extra for those dishes (around 40$ per person).

Mylos restaurant was very good. Not a lot of variety but with good quality. Salmon is the fancier dish you can find there.

All the facilities were very clean and secure.

I would come back only because of my family.

I would recommend for bringing family or friends that hasn't visited 5-star hotels or cannot afford higher prices.

I would not recommend for a single couple or solo.

Room tip: If you arrive 2 hours early to checkout, maybe you can be "assigned" to a better room.
Date of stay: October 2019

We would like to thank you for your detailed comment.
We are working hard to improve our services and facilities and we hope to be able to receive you again soon and improve the concept that you have of us.

Reviewed 22 October 2019

This has to be the worse hotel I have ever experienced in my entire life. Its not updated at all, the lose power, food is horrible and forget about feeling safe. They allow locals into the hotel club and on the premises. At the club you can clearly see who are the pimps and who are the prostitutes preying on tourist. Dont even think about walking to your room alone there are random people who are not even staying in the hotel wondering the hallways and make sure you put the pad lock on your door at nite!!!!. DONT stay here this place should seriously shut down or get it together. I feel sorry for their staff who are actually nice decent people working for this type of management who can care les about them and their guest. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Be Live Hotels
1  Thank aracelishidalgo
Sara Z, Room Division Manager at Be Live Experience Hamaca Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

We regret to read that your experience at our hotel has not been pleasant.
We want to apologize for all the inconveniences caused, it is not our intention that our guests take a bad idea of us.
We are working hard every day to improve our services and facilities and we hope you will give us another opportunity to improve the concept that you have of us.