All reviews town centre location top floor car park market place indian restaurant creaky floors highly recommend the red lion market stalls stayed two nights breakfast was excellent no trouble first floor bed was very comfortable full english breakfast noise insecure establishment
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Stayed here a few times and it has always been good and welcoming. The rooms are spacious,clean,warm and cosy. Each time I stayed I had an en suite with a decent hot shower and fluffy white towels.
The breakfast was excellent with a good choice if you didn’t fancy a full English. The staff are very helpful and friendly.
Situated in market place it is ideal for a mooch about town.
All in all a great place to rest your weary bones . Oh and I didn’t even see the Ghost,s but I may have heard them just not sure !!!

Room Tip: Room 22 is good with a double bed.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while working in Spalding and it just happened to be one of the hottest days, so the room I had was small and red hot.The room was clean and tidy the bar downstairs is nice if in Spalding Will stay again this is right in the middle of town so great for all other places.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I needed to travel to Spalding on business for a wedding. After trying 2 hotels that were fully booked, I was recommended the Red Lion hotel. After successfully securing the last room at short notice I was hoping my stay was going to be a pleasant one. It was. On my arrival into the hotel I was welcomed by a gentleman, checked into my room and given the option of having breakfast in the morning (£5 for continental and a cooked breakfast too).
The room was a twin on the 2nd floor so a couple of flights of stairs to access the room. The room was clean, facilities were all sparkling and tea and coffee making was well stocked as well as shampoo, shower gel and soap provided with fresh clean towels and fluffy bath towels. The room was warm but a fan had been provided in the room. Floor boards were creaky but you expect that from the age of the building. Had a comfortable nights sleep after a very long day. Water took a long time to fill up the bath but was acceptable.
Next morning breakfast was served between 8-10. Small choice with the continental and a good choice with the cooked breakfast. My only complaint was the sausages being overcooked.
Overall, this was a pleasant stay. Fantastic customer service from the staff, acceptable facilities and a friendly atmosphere. I would stay here again for both business and leisure purposes.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

On first arrival my wife actually said to me "you might of messed up on this one".
However once you have been in the bar and find out how friendly and helpful the staff are your views tend to change.
The room was very clean with lots of tea, coffee etc.
The bed was comfy and even though previous reviews have complained about the noise outside, it was a nice peaceful and comfortable night.
Would I rebook? Yes

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MART_W
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Extremely noisy as the rooms are both over a pub and an Indian restaurant. Room smelt of curry which only got worse as the night went on. Floorboards creaked. No insulation anywhere and windows did not open.

So if you want to stay somewhere which smells and feels like a tandoori oven this is the place for you.

And however tired you are there is no chance of any sleep...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business