See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I had the absolute pleasure of attending the Poacher this last Saturday for one of my best friends wedding and I can't say enough how excellent the staff, do IS and venue were! They set the place up to great standard with a 3 course sit down meal in which the food was worthy of a 5 star celebrity chef restaurant. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful and joined in the celebrations by the end of the night! I heard that the rooms were decent to stay in and they had decorated the bride and grooms room really well too which I thought was a nice touch! They had Trooper on tap which is highly important! The next day I went to give the bride her trousers she'd lost (don't ask ) and stopped for a light lunch and had a beef and cheese melt in a ciabatta which was also delicious. The same staff were there and were as equally friendly and helpful as they had been the previous day even though they would have spent hours cleaning up after the do! I highly recommend this pub for eating drinking and staying at and will be frequenting it again myself

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Friendly efficient service and great food. Would recommend and will be returning. Should be busier with food quality and good portion size. Worth a visit if you've never been and keep an eye on group on for a discount.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Had a Groupon offer for this pub and were not disappointed. What a lovely place. We had cod gougons as starters, delicious. 3 lightly battered gougons sitting on a tomato salsa with homemade tartare sauce. Followed by chargrilled sirlion steaks, cooked to perfection served with chunky chips, salad, peas, onion rings and side salad. Washed down with a glass of Merlot. Room for dessert? Shared a cornflake tart & custard - yummy. The very pleasant waitress/barmaid was kept busy. We shall be going again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

This has changed hands - again!! They looked promising as stylish signs and those awful luminous signs have gone but then they have even larger signs about 'live' music!! No no - we want quality food - just one place in Spalding that does this would be great other than the usual pizza - fast food type fayre!
Pleasant on the river though for a shopping trip drink!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Saginaw
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Ive lived in Spalding all my life and have seen people come and go, places close and people move away. Unfortunately this is life so its nice to see a town pub as busy as it was tonite. The Reggae Band was first class and a definite yes for a future booking. I think this pub is going from strength to strength and I wish it all the luck in the world. Although I haven't tried it yet ive heard the food is lovely. Lets support our pubs as much as we can.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends