“Basic but not a greasy spoon”
Review of Rumblings Cafe

Rumblings Cafe
Ranked #35 of 127 Restaurants in Spalding
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Whilst my partner was at the nail parlour I went for a stroll and found Rumblings cafe.

The Food Hygeine rating is 4/5. Anywhere less than 3 would see me walk by. I went in and found a seat without problem. The cafe was clean though a untidy with boxes stacked near the till area.. It didn't offer Wi-Fi but on this occasion some newspapers seemed to be available for customers use. They now also accept card payments.

I expected to order at the counter, there is full table service. Almost as soon as I sat down, someone came to take my order. The coffee arrived fairly quickly, but the toast seemed to take a while, though it was nice when it came. I subsequently looked at the menu and noted that toast was available as white or brown bread, but I wasn't asked and would have opted for brown had I known.

The menu is quite comprehensive. This probably accounts for the steady flow of new customers during my visit. I'm always to pleased to see an 'All-day Breakfast' option (I think I counted four variations!)

The cafe appears to be wheelchair friendly but I'm not sure about the toilets. The Gents was rather untidy with an over-flowing towel bin. There was also a cover missing from what appeared to be an extractor fan, revealing a dust encrusted interior.

It would take minor attention to the pile of boxes and the fan in the Gents to make a difference!

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Food is good but don't expect silver service. The place is very basic and a bit dis organised. The staff sometimes seem more bothered about sticking their sandwich van than serving the customers in the cafe!!

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Met some friends for breakfast one morning - not somewhere I would usually think of going but we all thoroughly enjoyed our food.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

First time visitor. Cooked breakfast and Roast turkey dinner. Didn't have to wait long. Food cooked well & served on warm plates. Good value for money

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Told on arrival there will be a small wait for food....wife's sandwich arrived after 40 min wait then my breakfast arrived a further ten mins later had to go back out to put another ticket on car so I could enjoy my breakfast...no extra drinks offered or a apology..
Don't think I'll be returning as had similar experiences last two visits

Posted on here as comments made on Facebook ignored