3,327 results
All reviews thai restaurant obelisk restaurant main building infinity pool dead sea junior suite beautiful hotel kids club golf cart mini bar pool staff guest relations breakfast buffet is soft drinks private beach amazing service special thanks
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed for one night only, middle of the week, in July 2013, during Ramadan. We were upgraded immediately (only later we learned that the main building was closed for renovations). The grounds were beautiful, lush, well taken care of. It was a walk to our room and were driven by a club car. The room was very nice, not the very best ever, but still clean, comfortable, big, nicely decorated. A previous reviewer commented on the scalding hot water, and we had the same issue. Luckily we only stayed one night, because neither me or my daughter could shower or bathe! Internet in the room was only via cable, so that was a small issue for the iPhone and iPad. Otherwise free wifi around the grounds that works well. Free mini bar soft drinks were very nice. So many beautiful pools around the grounds. 2 infinity pools, kid pools, lazy river, etc. The beach was nice and mud was in big "urns" on the beach. Since we went in the week, there weren't many guests at all. The service was very impressive, everyone always wants to go out of their way for you. There is always water bottles in coolers around the pool/beach areas to sty cool! Loved it, and would do it again.

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JolantaM
KempinskiIshtar, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Greetings from The Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea,

We received your comments which great pleasure knowing that you and your esteemed daughter had a nice stay in our hotel. Rest assured that your comments are very valuable to us and that we are in the process of finalizing the implementation of the WIFI in all our rooms and suites to make the stay of our dear guests more convenient.

Once again, thank you for your time in sending to us your nice feedback about your visit to the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had overall a wonderful relaxation spa stay. Kempinski is the best option in this area of Jordan because others are just worse.( I've been at the nearby Movenpick and Marriott just to check out restaurants and spas and I can definitely say that Kempinski is the only option if you are looking for a more or less luxury stay. Other hotels might do only if you like all-inclusive type egyptian holidays. Please have in mind that the service is unpredictable, it seems that they are trying to do their best but still its very jordanian 5stars service no offense.) Beware of the weekends, a lot of local arab families come with an endless number of little children and it could be pretty noisy at any time of the very early morning or at night. Ask for a room change or try to stay outside as long as possible if you will have such a company. SPA at Kempinski is overpriced, I went to the ZARA spa nearby at Movenpick and it was very nice and at least two times cheaper. The best dining was the room service. Wines are expensive but the local ones were good, try the local red, its very very decent. And dont forget to ask for an upgrade!

Room tip: Junior suits at the main building have they own lawn and you can dine with a sea view. We ordered room service and had a wonderful sunset dinner with no one around.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belkus

Dear Belkus,

Greetings from The Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea,

We received your comments which great pleasure knowing that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel. Our high level of service would not have reached to this level without your valuable comments. As for the Spa, as you may already know it is managed by the international chain Anantara and the pricing strategy is put by themselves however, I will be more than glad to deliver your message to them for their kind review and attention.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Whilst the food was simply of the standard that I'd expect from a kempinski, the setting, the service, and the rooms were absolutely superb. My youngest daughter (21) and I have recently enjoyed our 2nd stay at the hotel within a year, and absolutely love it, especially the free mud, and the sunset over the infinity pool. Of course, not a cheap chain, but definitely represents great value.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear iain c,

Reviewed 14 July 2013

The grounds are beautiful and the access to the Dead Sea is great. Other than that, our one night there was a waste of $200. The room was a huge, echoing concrete cave filled with IKEA furniture. Half of the lightbulbs in the room didn't work, only one outlet worked, and there were places in the room where construction/wiring had not been completed.

No coffee cups in the room. The shower left a sloppy, sizeable puddle in the middle of the bathroom floor. The door was heavy and poorly hung, allowing for the wind to whistle through, and the sliding door to the balcony was so unmanageable that I had to use two hands and brace myself to make it move.

We got up early to enjoy the Dead Sea, shower, have the free breakfast, and be on our way by the noon checkout. Unfortunately, there was only scalding hot water coming from the taps, so by the time the engineering department fixed it, we had to leave for checkout.

When I asked to speak to a manager to comment on the room, I was stonewalled. The desk clerk wrote down 1/2 of my comments, and offered to make up a to-go box, since it was now 12:30 and we had had nothing to eat. We waited in the lobby for 35 minutes for promised food, then gave up.

On top of all of this, 100 Euros went missing from my passport folder and I have every reason to believe it happened while our luggage was in the hotel's holding room.

Booking at the Kempenski was our big splurge for our trip to Jordan, but it was a huge waste of money. This property is an embarrassment to the Kempenski name.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Grier_R

Dear Grier_R,

Greetings from The Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea,

Allow me to express, on behalf of the entire team of the hotel, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered at our hotel during your last visit. Rest assured that your valuable comments have been shared and discussed with the concerned department heads in order to rectify the shortfalls that you have experienced.

Allow me again to reiterate on the fact that your feedback allows us to track the hotel areas of improvement in order to make sure that we deliver the 5 star luxury service our guests expect from our hotel.

Once again, many thanks for sparing some of your precious time in sharing your feedback on your previous stay. Should you plan another visit to the Dead Sea, please do let us know to make the Dead Sea experience as memorable as you plan it to be.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

From the moment I checked in to the moment I left, I was stunned by the quality of this beautiful hotel. It's a Kempinski, so it ain't cheap, but it's not too expensive either, at least compared with the prices I pay for hotel rooms in Western Europe. Beautiful rooms, (I was upgraded to a sea view suite); excellent food; more pools than I could count on a bleary eyed morning and the chance to float in the Dead Sea. Wonderful.

Date of stay: June 2013