“Evening dinner”

Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 71
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We came to the restaurant with the friends based on trip advisor recommendation. Restaurant was almost empty with friendly but not very professional waiters. Few meters from us was playing TV what was quite disturbing. I have tasted two meals. First was Grigliata what is mix of sepia, small fishes, prawns and some filet of sword fish. Prawns and sepia was perfect but small fishes and swordfish filet was not tasty at all. Second food home made gnocchi with mussels was excellent. I wanted to give 4 stars in the beginning but finally I decided to give only 3.

If you are in the beach it is good choice. But next time I would try something else.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Super kind personnel for a nice lunch in a windy but sunny day. The fritto misto is huge and clearly of fresh fish, from the local fisherman. The place must be crazy busy in summer yColour of the sea is wonderful and the empty beach is definitely great off-season. Suggested by a local !

Reviewed 25 March 2015

I have been here many, many times in the past. The food on those occasions was much better, especially the pasta. However, I have been here enough to see a steady decline in the quality and taste of the food. Today, I went again. This time it was beyond average. I had the fish (mixed platter) and wish I had not ordered this. I should have had some pasta. The mixed grill was a poor sampling of very "fishy" fish, not at all tasty. The shrimp was not cleaned, so, I had to devein it myself. I felt that for the price I should not have to deal with shrimp poop. It cost 10 euros for the appetizer fish dish, and another 15 euros for the mixed grill. This was definitely not worth it. This was "off season" (mid-March) so, there is no reason for any of the poor food...there were only the three of us, plus another couple. With those numbers, and so close to the sea, everything should have been excellent. It was not. I always enjoy coming to San Nicola Arcella for the beautiful rock, cave, and cliff formations and ocean views. In the past, I have enjoyed a nice lunch or dinner at this restaurant. However, next time I will go to the beach area, pack a lunch, look at the beautiful caves and ocean, and bypass this restaurant. There are so many other excellent choices in this area, especially for the price. Better yet, pack your own lunch and have the best seat in the house...AT THE BEACH. So, there is no reason to come here.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

Exceptionally fresh seafood. Started with a seafood salad. Went to the house special seafood pasta, and finished with ....grilled assorted fish...
The only issue. a bit difficult to find at night. GPS was not working properly. Enjoy!

Reviewed 6 September 2014

great service, delicious food , The terrace with music and the typical italian style makes this place really pleasant. Food is superb