“Don't expect to much from this hotel....poor attention to cleanliness”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bhakti Dhama

and 1 more site!
Bhakti Dhama
Ranked #9 of 19 Vrindavan B&B and Inns
Durban, South Africa
“Don't expect to much from this hotel....poor attention to cleanliness”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed in Bhakti Dham for 10 nights during December 2011. It was my first visit to India. If you are visiting this hotel in Winter be sure to get a south facing room as I had very little sunlight in my room. Bathrooms are not clean: rusty taps, dirty bathtubs and basin. Furniture was dusty and floors dirty on arrival. But once I complained, they were quick to clean up....never saw room service again. Rooms smelt like it was locked up for centuries. Room service is bad! You have to beg them to change sheets. towels and clean up... All done at their own slow pace. English is a problem. If you are not able to communicate in hindi, expect to be ripped off or just ignored. Do not pay 100% up front, rather check out you room first. Hot water takes about 10 minutes to reach your room...imagine my surprize on the first morning waiting for hot water in the shower during a cold winter morning. No drinking water provided! Don't order food from the hotel kitchen, they serve it in the most disgusting plastic cutlery. Laundry service is pathetic....two days!!!...and according to them this is acceptable. Becareful of monkeys sleeping on the passageway at night. I will only stay in this hotel if it is my last option. I have heard that by Vrndavan standards it is high....I fail to see how. Some of the staff can be arrogant and useless. Rakesh, the manager, is the only person worth talking too. If it were not for him, I would have checked out early. Location is very good though for ISKCON temple. Don't expect to much from this hotel....you will be dissappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms on south facing (facing ISKCON Mandir) are warmer in winter...BIG plus Check your room throug...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Ajith108
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Me and my friends stayed at Bhakti Dhama for 3 nights in late September 2011.
The location of this hotel is great. It`s right behind the Iscon Temple and within a 3 minute walk from a currency exchage place and Bhaktivedanta Ashram which is a nice place to eat.

We got a room # 105. It was simple but clean and comfortable (see pics attached).
Whenever we needed something such as a knife or some bolied water, we would just come up to the guys at the reception and they provided us with whatever we asked for.

The only problem we encountered was that they would not give us change at the check-out. Basically they had a vague idea of how much our stay cost and were trying to trick us into forgetting about a 500 rupies change they owed us according to our calculations.
We had to ask one of our male friends (who is a regular at this hotel) for help. He managed to settle this with them and we got our change. Ths incident spoiled our impression of the hotel though I`d say this was the only negative experience we got while staying there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank LucyRussia
Delhi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Hi, i belong to Delhi and due to long 15.Aug weekend decided to visit Vrindwan with my family. I stayed with 12 family members for one night on 13.Aug. As direct booking wasn't available from hotel, i booked two four bedded hotel rooms for Rs 4400 via India Hotel Review (IHR).
When i reached the hotel on 13.Aug night my problems started.
First the good part, hotel is seriously very close to Iskcon temple and any vehicle entering city will cross this first.
Now on the other side. Hotel didn't had my details of my reservation from IHR official. My IHR account manager was Mr.Ashish who didn't picked up my phone when i called him for telling that hotel hadn't received my booking amount. Further, to my surprise, i was given two double bed + one 4 bedded room against my requirement of two 4 bedded rooms. The smell of rooms when opened was mind blogging. It was like they have been opened after many decades. No towel, no Tv, no drinking water, no soap,Toilets seat broken from one side,no remote of AC, etc. I had to literally drag the bell boy to spray room freshener and to give me all the basic amenities. At the counter i had to argue with hotel owner and his son about payment, showed them the receipt. Hotel owner said that i should have come directly and not through IHR website as IHR charged me Rs 4400/- but payed hotel Rs 3500/-. The rates were Rs 950 for standard room, Rs 1200 for deluxe and Rs 1900 for suite (4 bedded).Thus i paid Rs 900 extra. Next day i somehow managed to make both parties talk to each other and leave in peace.

Overall it was below average stay. I would recommend this hotel only for travelers who just want to spend one or two night and aren't very fussy. This is because Vrindawan is a religious place and all the budget hotels are similar with minor differences.On booking terms i would recommend to book hotel directly and not through IHR.Also avoid travelling on weekends and long extended weekends.

Mail me @ adityakumar22@gmail.com for any other details.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank adityakumar22

Travellers are raving about these Vrindavan hotels

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Dear All
I am Rajesh Arora from New Delhi and we visited Vrindavan on July 30th and stayed for a night in Hotel Bhakti Dham Residency. I booked two double rooms in this hotel after going through their website and hoped the hotel would meet their claims and my expectations.
The nightmare started soon after we reached hotel. The hotel was very good from outside (though in a narrow lane adjacent to Iskon temple). We were told to deposit INR 2,050 in advance (for double room 209 & 201 @ INR 950 plus 150 for extra bed). When I told that in every hotel the bill is settled at the time of checkout then the Hotel Manager Mr. Rakesh told us that it is the rule of their hotel to take 100% room rent in advance. So we paid the amount and went to rooms.
Both the rooms were very dirty with stained walls with broken toilet pots, rusted bath fittings and dirty tiles but the rooms were air conditioned. The air conditioners were not working as there was no electricity. When I complaint the manger then we were told that all the rooms in the hotel are same and we were given the best rooms and they have one more rule of not running the air conditioners on generator. At that time I realised why they have a rule of taking 100% room rent as advance.
We were in Vrindavan for just one night i.e. July 30th so we decided to accommodate for a night in the hotel without extra bed. The manager told us that he will refund the extra INR 150 at the time of checkout.
After checking in we ordered for the lunch, we were informed that their restaurant is not working and we need to look elsewhere for food. I was very surprised to see that there were only 4 staff employed in entire hotel (A manager, guard, sweeper and bell boy). So, we had food in Govinda Restaurant run by Iskon. When we came back from restaurant and we saw that the Hotel Manager Mr. Rakesh was smoking at the reception and chewing tobacco and did not even stop after seeing us (i.e. the guest in the hotel).
In the evening when we came back from mandir darshan, we saw that two people negotiating rates for rooms at the reception and they were given 3 double rooms for INR 2,000 but we were charged INR 950 per room. When I complaint then the Manager Mr. Rakesh told us that this is their business style and it is my mistake that I did not negotiate with him at the time of checking in.
Finally, at the time of checking out, the manager refused to refund INR150 for the extra bed that we did not opt for. He told us that it is their rule for not refunding the money taken at the time of checking. Ultimately, we leave Vrindavan in very sad manner and stay in this hotel ruined our family trip.
So, it is my humble request to everyone not stay in this hotel. Just drop me an email at rajeshaurora@rediffmail.com before booking this hotel, I’ll share my horrible experience at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family