“Worth the Hype”

Ranked #6 of 116 Restaurants in Monteverde
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Healthy, Mongolian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Own-Production. Fresh. Organic. Healthy. Local ingredients. Fusion & International Cuisines. The Green started in 2014 with a simple idea of offering excellent food with natural ingredients, together with a friendly environment where the "pura vida" that characterizes the Costa Rican and a service to remember highlights a restaurant where all people are treated with respect and friendly way the Ticos have. Our main motivation is the enjoyment of our guests, we are a restaurant that unites different elements and quality ingredients to create dishes that delight the palate. As far as possible we try to use ingredients grown in our garden or from local producers, thereby contributing to the economic growth of our people. Come and join us for great food and an atmosphere like no other.
Reviewed 15 December 2015

My husband and I had our dinner here. After all the local costarican food ( lot of rice and beans for 6 days ) , this place was an welcoming change. Everything we had was amazing and full of flavor. I tried their Pesto pasta and I could say that is one of the best pastas i had in my life. I almost licked my entire plate. It was that freaking good :) Very reasonably price and nice ambiance.

I loved the restaurants in Monteverde better than Arenal area. Arenal was way too touristy for me

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

Having read about this restaurant, we expected healthy food... Unfortunately that was quite disappointing. Also, the main courses (both meat) were not very special and not worth the prices of 15-16 dollar. In the aglio olio pasta side dish there were large chunks of garlic. However, the service was very well, this is the reason why I would still give this place 3 stars.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Foodies will love this restaurant. locally sourced ingredients, great presentation, wonderful service. This restaurant would do well with food lovers in any american city.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

Their spicy sauce is very tasty! Their location in the town center helps travelers like us to spot it. We were surprised to find Mongolian food on the menu. We were even more surprised to find that it was just as good as any other Mongolian restaurant in the US.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

Lots of vegetarian and vegan options and they are willing to make substitutions.
Good food, I liked my pasta more than my husband liked his Teriyaki rice bowl (his was kind of bland).
Clean place with friendly staff.