“Delicious”

Choco Cafe Restaurant and Coffee Shop
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 14
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Fresly Roasted coffee from Costa Rica, Chocolate, Souvenirs, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Vegetarian and Glutten Free Options, Parking Lot. Homemade dessert and local products.
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Lovely spot with delicious batidas- fruit smoothies. NIce little gift shop attached with reasonably priced Costa Rican made jewelry and crafts. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as coffee's and cold drinks.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed in Monteverde for 6 days and Choco Cafe quickly became one of our "go to" spots for a great cup of coffee or mochacino along with some wonderful desserts. Enjoyed sitting outside and relaxing while nibbling on a slice of carrot cake or the chocolate cheesecake. Would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

The Chicken and Spinach Lasagna is excellent and it is one of the few places I have found with ice tea. It's also in a nice location with a view of town from the deck. Friendly staff as well.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Check your change! The hot chocolate was too sweet but the choco cheesecake very good. Unfortunately, our visit was let down by the waiter taking our payment at the till. We were seated within three metres of the till and I walked up to pay. On returning to the nearby table with my change, I realised I was one thousand short.

After I couple of minutes, I walked back to the till, easily within voice distance, and there was the waiter still holding the 1000 note. He could have called, even walked over, but didn't, he waited, to see if I'd notice the missing money. I did, luckily, and it was handed over without question.

This however left a bad taste in my mouth because it felt like someone had tried to rip me off?? Check your change!!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We had breakfast here without any research ahead of time and loved our eggs rancheros
and the accommodation the waiter made for my youngest who wanted nothing, so he brought her a toasted croissant with melted/grilled on butter that was delicious. So good that she wanted to return the next day which we all happily did because we also loved the coffee and the smoothies - the waiter went out of his way to make a milkshake for my daughter who does not drink smoothies - we bought several nice things in the attached gift shop the next day- the servers were friendly and chatty and we appreciated our meals both days and were happy we stopped in to begin with.