Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$159
Priceline$159
Hotels.com$159
Travelocity$159
Orbitz.com$159
eDreams$159
All reviews cloud forest costa rica large windows hotel grounds spread out pool and hot tub reception area lovely grounds nature trail stayed here for nights monteverde reserve beautiful birds night walk tubs roads town tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2022

The reception area, dining room and the swimming pool are the best parts of this place. The grounds are extensive and there are some great views but gardens are a bit shabby in places. The rooms are spacious and ours even had an extra upstairs sleeping area. But on the outside they look very tired and dated. If you book any tours through the hotel, they don't tell you it's not chargeable to your room, which we only found out when we arrived at our tour destination and had no cash to pay! Nice self guided tour around the hotel grounds though.
This place has serious potential with the right backing.

Date of stay: January 2022
1  Thank julian c
Reviewed 26 February 2022

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. It is a bit dated, but has character. There is some downhill walking to pool and spa, but manageable. The staff is very nice and helpful.
The massages we had were great!! The dinner was very nice. Beautiful views from the restaurant. Only one issue: I left my raincoat behind in a closet and, even tho I authoirized them to charge me to send it to the airport hotel where I would be staying, they were not cooperative and kept my raincoat.

Room tip: our room had a nice shared deck and the grounds were landscaped nicely.
Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 24 February 2022

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. Rooms were large, comfortable and clean. As others have noted, the colors and decor are a bit dated, but this was not a concern for us. Buffet breakfast included hot and cold choices; totally fine but not amazing. Location was a short drive from Monteverde, or to restaurants. Entry gate was a bit of an issue - sometimes needed to wait a short time for a response to the intercom.

This is not a hotel with a big front desk staff that offers lots of tour info. My sense is they can connect you with tours, but may not have a short list of best tours based on experience. I recommend staying here, but do your own research on tours including tour sizes ahead of time.

Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank Tiza L
Reviewed 24 December 2021 via mobile

Beautiful property and feels like a boutique hotel. They have a pool (not heated) and a great delicious restaurant with lots of space and a beautiful open window views. When we sat at the restaurant the clouds here are going above us so fast…. It definitely feels like one sits on a top of a mountain. We had a very long road trip to the hotel from San Jose Airport area. The road is at least 3 hours on the Panamerican road that has been paved just two years ago. The road is till one lane one way. It has a lot of traffic with lots of trucks as our driver explained this road is the main “highway” in Costa Rica. I would advise to be careful coming here with little kids as one of our sons got motion sickness and did not enjoy the windy turning long road here. Make frequent stops… but it is difficult thing to as the road is just one lane… one thing we enjoyed in coming here was a fruit vendor who was selling papayas, pineapples, mangoes and Watermellons. They were the best, especially the papaya, so much better than from an American supermarket.

Room tip: The road trip here is challenging as the hotel is 3 hours away from San Jose airport. And the road here is very winding with lots turns.
Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TangoNY
Reviewed 3 December 2021

A nice property. My recommendation would be to tear down the mish mash of old building and start over. Nothing special about it. My biggest complaint - I was freezing the whole time. It was down to 15c at night and no heat. Bed was comfy, everything seemed clean. Breakfast was OK - a number of options to select from a menu. The gallo pinto (the rice and beans that forms the basis of the typical breakfast) was poor. The info I read about the hotel said they welcomed pets, but when I go there found out there was a $25 charge.

Date of stay: November 2021