“Be a risktaker...”

The Original Canopy Tour
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I would just like to give advice to anyone with any fear of heights! It might sound silly, but
I didn't do my research properly and thought it was 1 or 2 long zip lines, and height once I'm hanging from something is fine for me, standing on the edge of cliffs is not! Since I've done the really fast/long torpedo zipline in north Wales, which I was fine with (take off from a ground level platform, height comes later), I signed up.
I did the Tarzan swing, with lots of screaming! But did it. But was terrified standing on the 18 inch wide metal grills 45m up a tree, something I had not anticipated, and having to do that over 10 times was an ordeal- I did not realise there were so many zip lines. Also, it is possible there are up to 12 people in a group, so there can be lots of waiting, and squashing everyone onto those platforms.
HOWEVER, I DID complete it, although not the optional rappel down, and climb up through a hollow tree, with ladder for the last part (everyone else who found the rest a breeze, said that was the worst part). If you fear heights (well edges, since the height above trees did not bother me once I was ziplining along), either don't do it, or if you are remotely interested, do it for a sense of accomplishment! I Did enjoy the actual ziplining parts and was pretty proud of myself for getting round...my crazy thing for 2017!
A kid of 7 did everything with a grin on her face, as did her parents, I was the only daft person with some vertigo!
As a side note, standing on the highest platform waiting for 7 people to climb back up, did give me the chance to observe a Respendent Quetzal...so that was a bonus!
It seemed safe, and I observed the same procedures I have seen on kid camps in Europe.

3  Thank Shazzamac
"scared of heights"
in 6 reviews
"photos and videos"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend doing this tour"
"a lot of fun"