“Be a risktaker...”

US$ 45.00*
and up
Canopy Tour in Monteverde
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I would just like to give advice to anyone with any fear of heights! It might sound silly, but
I didn't do my research properly and thought it was 1 or 2 long zip lines, and height once I'm hanging from something is fine for me, standing on the edge of cliffs is not! Since I've done the really fast/long torpedo zipline in north Wales, which I was fine with (take off from a ground level platform, height comes later), I signed up.
I did the Tarzan swing, with lots of screaming! But did it. But was terrified standing on the 18 inch wide metal grills 45m up a tree, something I had not anticipated, and having to do that over 10 times was an ordeal- I did not realise there were so many zip lines. Also, it is possible there are up to 12 people in a group, so there can be lots of waiting, and squashing everyone onto those platforms.
HOWEVER, I DID complete it, although not the optional rappel down, and climb up through a hollow tree, with ladder for the last part (everyone else who found the rest a breeze, said that was the worst part). If you fear heights (well edges, since the height above trees did not bother me once I was ziplining along), either don't do it, or if you are remotely interested, do it for a sense of accomplishment! I Did enjoy the actual ziplining parts and was pretty proud of myself for getting round...my crazy thing for 2017!
A kid of 7 did everything with a grin on her face, as did her parents, I was the only daft person with some vertigo!
As a side note, standing on the highest platform waiting for 7 people to climb back up, did give me the chance to observe a Respendent Quetzal...so that was a bonus!
It seemed safe, and I observed the same procedures I have seen on kid camps in Europe.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Took a school trip with 22 middle schoolers and they walked away with an awesome experience. We did both the Tarzan swing and the canopy tour. Gravin, Eloisa, Alonso and the rest of the staff were very patient, helpful and attentive to the whole group. They work with you from the minute you get there to help up gear up and guide you through the entire course. The zip lines get longer as you progress and during the last two you are surprised with a spectacular view.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

My sister and I knew we wanted to do a canopy tour while we were in Monteverde and chose this one because neither of us were interested in 'extreme' zip lining. Instead this seemed the perfect balance between fun activities and beautiful views.

And we were so right.

There was four of us plus two brilliant guides who spoke excellent English. They were part of what made it so enjoyable!

You start with a Tarzan swing and then follows 14 zip lines. All of them require a bit of speed but not so much that it's restrictive and you can enjoy looking at the forest (surely the point?!).

For me there were two highlights. The first was a 60 foot rappel to the forest floor followed by a climb back up through a hollow tree. The second was the stunning view from the penultimate zip line. The line is 800m and we were lucky enough to see all the way to the Pacific.

I'd recommend!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

It is hard to recommend a company if you have no comparison but this was great and the guys helping were great. There are a lot of companies offering canopy tours so it was hard to choose. While my wife had fear of height our choice was The original canopy tour because of the good recommendations on TripAdvisor. They really explained everything very well and really comforted my wife during the canopy tour trough the tops of Monteverde forests. You can start with the Tarzan swing. Very nice. Really the best experience. Especially the last two lines.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My husband, three 9-year-old children, and I booked an Original Canopy zipline tour. This included numerous cables, a Tarzab swing, a rappel, and a climb up a hollow ficus tree. It was great fun and just the right amount of excitement for my family. It was very safe and, once we got going, not scary at all. It was delightful to be high up in the trees, in the midst of the cloud forest.