“Surprisingly awesome”

Blue Cactus Mexican Diner
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Mile End
Reviewed 3 March 2018

It could be just another standard mexican meal, but it is stunning tasty!
The jalapeños cheese entry is a must!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

The service was so amazing and the time was taken to explain how the menu works and the diner's philosophy. Essentially the blue cactus is all about using fresh local produce to make delicious traditional Mexican food - not to mention serving the most amazing frozen margaritas and boasting a huge selection of tequilas! (About 14 from memory!). The time was taken to match my husband with a Mexican beer that he hadn't tried before but would love. My husband was asked what he normally likes to drink and matched with a delicious Mexican equivalent! Of course Sol and Corona are still available if you want something familiar.
The food was amazing. We had nachos (made with yummy blue chips and we opted to have ours topped with the most amazing pulled pork!) Followed by croquettes and a selection of tacos. I cannot speak more highly of the tacos. They were soft shell tacos but toasted - like nothing I've ever had before and completely to die for. I loved the duck and chicken tacos the best by my hubby cannot stop talking about the vego/vegan taco! We will definitely return to the blue cactus. Keep up the great work guys - we've already been raving about dinner to all our friends!