It is quite difficult to take over an institution like this restaurant.
It has been a notorious pizzeria for decades with a staff that everyone new by their first names.
So the new owner is faced with quite a challenge to make everyone forget the old and appreciate the new.
Did they pull it off ? not quite yet, but there is potential.
- new decoration, the new style is modern and classier
- shorter menu. It is sometimes better to do less if you can offer consistant quality
- ingredients. Everything is fresh and of good quality, the tastes are really nice
- a very goodwilled staff, you can see how much they want to do it right
The less good:
- the staff still needs some practice to reach cruise speed, the goodwill is there, but they are struggling and it shows
- there is a fine balance to find between making a profit, sparing on staff and keeping quality service. Right now the place is understaffed so they are stressed out, slow and not as sharp as they should be. But if they hire, the extra salaries couls just kill the business ... Not a simple thing really.
Take the apero pizza as soon as you sit down, with your drinks, it will give you something nice to eat as appetizer while you browse the menu, and it will keep you busy while you wait for your order.
We had pizza, pasta and meat (horse). The meat was very well cooked, nice and tender. The pizzas tasted nice, excellent fresh ingredients, and they have a selection of different calzone which is nice and uncommon. Not the best in anything, but quite fine in everything.
So the general impression is good. You may have to wait a bit too long and the service is not always sharp, but when the food comes, it is nice.
If they make it and manage to fine tune their staff, this place could be just as good as it was before.
It is up to you. If you want to support the place and reward the effort, go eat there and be tolerant with the imperfections. If you think it is not your duty as a customer to do so (which is definitely your right), then wait until they become better at what they do or disappear.
I will probably keep going there, but not as often as I did with the previous owner. Time will tell.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.