Review of Villa Blueberry

Villa Blueberry Kitchen
Villa Blueberry Living
Villa Blueberry Gamesroom
Villa Blueberry Pool Area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Michael P
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Trip of a Lifetime Ruined because Property Was Not Where Advertised”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

As a frequent user of VBRO & TripAdvisor, I planned our family's Malta vacation last December. Villa Blueberry was advertised as being in Marsaxlokk, a beautiful seaside Fisherman's village. This was to be a special trip for our family which included my wife, our 3 children & my elderly parents. My mother was born, raised and married in Malta. My wife & I were also married there on the same day as my parents in 1995, 33 years after my parents. The trip was to introduce our kids to this special island through the eyes of their grandmother. The owners single-handedly managed to ruin this experience with their deceptive marketing. When we arrived in Malta after our 30-hour trip from Arizona and California, we excitedly headed to Villa Blueberry. When we arrived, we were shocked to discover that the villa was not in Marsaxlokk, but in an industrial town called Zejtun. We immediately told the owners that this was unacceptable and a far cry from the seaside village of Marsaxlokk. I was told that the listing was an error by VRBO and that they had been trying to get it fixed for 6 months. Furthermore, they told me Marsaxlokk was only a 10-minute drive away. I informed that this was unacceptable and demanded our money back which I had wire transferred to them 3 months in advance of our arrival. They refused to do so, so we left the villa for a hotel until we secured another rental property. The very next day, the VRBO listing was changed to list the property in Zejtun rather than Marsaxlokk. Thankfully, I had the foresight to take a screenshot of the listing before they changed this. These screenshots will be on a new website I am creating called www.HolidayVillaMaltasBeware.com. It will also include a more detailed version of this story plus plenty of photos of Zejtun and Marsaxlokk. It is quite apparent why the owners listed the property in Marsaxlokk. We are all extremely upset and stressed for the first week of this 3-week trip. The first week was spent locating another property, hiring an attorney, working with Malta's Tourism Authority and Consumer Affairs. In addition to the money the owners will not return, we incurred additional fees for hotel rooms, meals, taxis and that does not include ongoing legal fees. Please note that this family also owns these properties (all in Zejtun): The Chateau, Villa Sky, Villa Valletta & Villa Strawberry. STRONG BUYER BEWARE!

Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Location
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing