See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 December 2014

No wireless in rooms? Really? That was a bit of a downer. Also bed was like a box spring only, very hard. Room was modern though, and clean. Breakfast buffet had a lot if choices. Good service though, friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 26 November 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 5 days during a business trip. A good hotel , clean room , good view of the city skyline and a shopping complex with restaurants at it's basement. Staffs were cordial and able to speak average English. Top floors give a good view of the city. Guests can choose hotel restaurants, basement food plaza or walk down to nearest restaurants. People who are not comfortable with local or south Asian food can chose from Dunkin Donut outlet situated 200 meters from the Hotel. A duty free shop in Hotel is an added advantage for foreign tourists. The corridor between rooms need some more cleaning and carpet need a replacement however décor inside the room is good. Breakfast in the hotel was good and lot of choices for the guests.Overall it is an average stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good view of city skyline
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2014

When I checked in at about 8 p.m. local time, the first thing I noticed was the size of the hotel and the emptiness within.

The hotel was like a giant in a province of low-rise buildings. And, it was conspicuously empty. The huge lobby did not help to emphasize the lack of guests.

There was a Duty Free Shop (DFS) located at the end of the lobby. Hotel guests get 10% off the marked price and the prices of the things sold here is cheaper than the DFS in Lotte (Seoul). I was the only customer when I entered the DFS on three separate morning/evening. The staff immediately stood up and rushed to serve me the moment I stepped into it. Wow!

There are 4 lifts for regular guests like me and one VIP lift for their special guests.

I thought the VIP lift is redundant as there were not that many guests during my 3 nights there. The photographs that I will share will show a few of the hotel staff and no one else in this HUGE hotel. I want to believe there are more staff members than guests/visitors of guests add together.

By 8 p.m., I notice, the DFS will pull down its shutters and the roads will be empty. Perhaps Cheongju is not that populated in the first place. The advantage being the peacefulness that comes with it.

The size of the room reflects the size of the hotel. The window is electronically controlled so opening and closing it requires the push of a button. Which button? I had to figure it myself: Top button closes it while the bottom button opens it.

When it rains, the window will automatically shut itself. Cool!

Toothbrushes cost US$3 each. And, the mini bar in the room holds just 2 bottles of complimentary drinking water. Should you need to purchase anything, you would have to go downstairs to pick it up yourself. There is no one to deliver it to your room for you.

Hence, when I needed to borrow a power adapter to charge my phone, I called housekeeping only to be told that I would have to pick up the adapter myself from the front desk and to return it upon checking out.

Toilet amenities are basic and though my room was cleaned daily, I did not get to meet any chambermaid during my stay.

The bed was good but the pillows too soft. Fortunately, I was armed with my neck rest.

I thought the room was a tad dark even after I have switched on all the lights. The quiet hotel did not help that it added on to the eeriness quotient that reminded me of horror movie.

Dawn was beautiful. The height of the hotel meant unblocked views of Cheongju and the mountains in the horizon. Picturesque!

Despite the technology used in the window system, one still needs to use the pink coupon to eat breakfast at Cafe Ramada on Level 2 each morning. This was where I got to see other guests apart from myself. On average, I saw about a dozen other guests here. At best, a dozen.

The breakfast spread was good. International spread.

I did not use the indoor pool but I dropped by for a visit. Ramada Plaza has a full gym, sauna facility and a pool. But like the rest of the hotel, I only saw two people there and both are members of the staff.

There is a food street directly opposite the hotel if you cross the road using at the traffic junction near to the SFX cinema. Apparently, there is also a supermarket at the basement. But I thought the entire area was deserted. I am not sure if the cinema has closed down as the area is really quiet.

Maybe because I am too used to the way of life as a city-dweller, the quietness of this area surrounding and within the hotel bring about a sense of calmness albeit uncomfortable.

There are convenience stores opposite the hotel and that's why you will probably meet someone else. I bought some hot food from a street vendor at the crossroad junction diagonally opposite the hotel.

I would return to this hotel if I am in need of a quiet retreat.

Room Tip: Great hotel to stay for total relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of city life. It takes about 30 minutes to travel here from the express bus terminal by taxi. It takes slightly more than 2 hours by express bus from INC international airport to come to Cheongju. The hotel is so quiet, I do not think I am able to differentiate the rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank prestontan
Reviewed 12 November 2014

Hotel is too far away from the train station. Usage of the gym n pool. If u hv time theee is some good foos opposite the hotel. There is a duty free shop in the lobby. The staff are not able to speak English

• Stayed: November 2014
1  Thank daisy890
Reviewed 1 November 2014

There is nothing redeeming about this hotel. Took them 45 minutes to find our reservation even with a confirmation number. Staff had no recommendations on local attractions or any idea of how to get around via public transportation. OVERPRICED, unclean, stains on bedding and carpet, poor service, non smoking room smells like cigarette smoke, air conditioning did not work, no wifi, and had to wait when they called a taxi. Location is horrid -- not located near anything. Expensive and they charged extra for everything. Not enough towels to the room. Needless to say, this hotel is not one to pick. Fran. Stayed Oct 31 2014

Room Tip: Horrible choice
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family