Unfortunately, like 60 other people we were stuck for two nights on Roatan due to our plane being out of service. On the bright side we were placed at Infinity Bay. It is a very nice resort. We had limited experiences since we spent most of our time in the airport. We did enjoy dining outside by the ocean. The dinner menu is $16-32. I had cocunut shrimp one night which was delicious and we ordered a pizza the following evening. The appetizers are worth the cost and are healthy portions.The servers and bartenders are super.
My one complaint is that on the first evening, I accidentally left two makeup bags. By the time we got back to the hotel the second night and I realized it, it was 8:30PM. I went to reception and was told there was nothing they could do because the Head housekeper was the only one who could access lost and found. I could not believe that was the case so I asked to speak to the manager. The receptionist seemed a bit scared to contact "Mr. Rick" for me, but I insisted. When I initially spoke to him he was condescending and not at all helpful, telling me he could do nothing for me until the next day and questioning me about how was he to know that I was telling the truth about leaving my bags. I was firm with him telling him that I could tell him every item in the bags. He told me to hold on and then got back on the phone and said the head housekeeper would be back in 20 minutes and would deliver my items. She did deliver them at about 10:15 that evening. I have a hard time believing that there is only one person at the resort that locate items in lost and found. While our converstaion ended on a positive note, I was shocked by "Mr. Rick's" initial disregard for my situation and his overall lack of concern and omnipotent perceived position.
The rooms were large and very clean. The pool was beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Bay Islands/West Bay, Roatan