“Nice stay”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Unfortunately, like 60 other people we were stuck for two nights on Roatan due to our plane being out of service. On the bright side we were placed at Infinity Bay. It is a very nice resort. We had limited experiences since we spent most of our time in the airport. We did enjoy dining outside by the ocean. The dinner menu is $16-32. I had cocunut shrimp one night which was delicious and we ordered a pizza the following evening. The appetizers are worth the cost and are healthy portions.The servers and bartenders are super.

My one complaint is that on the first evening, I accidentally left two makeup bags. By the time we got back to the hotel the second night and I realized it, it was 8:30PM. I went to reception and was told there was nothing they could do because the Head housekeper was the only one who could access lost and found. I could not believe that was the case so I asked to speak to the manager. The receptionist seemed a bit scared to contact "Mr. Rick" for me, but I insisted. When I initially spoke to him he was condescending and not at all helpful, telling me he could do nothing for me until the next day and questioning me about how was he to know that I was telling the truth about leaving my bags. I was firm with him telling him that I could tell him every item in the bags. He told me to hold on and then got back on the phone and said the head housekeeper would be back in 20 minutes and would deliver my items. She did deliver them at about 10:15 that evening. I have a hard time believing that there is only one person at the resort that locate items in lost and found. While our converstaion ended on a positive note, I was shocked by "Mr. Rick's" initial disregard for my situation and his overall lack of concern and omnipotent perceived position.

The rooms were large and very clean. The pool was beautiful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank celmo46
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Lisap44 – thank you for taking the time to share commentary about your stay during the two day period that your flights were cancelled by Untitled for mechanical problems.
In effort to professionally respond to your review for the traveling public and add in the hotels perspective as well – I will begin with “with all due respect”

United had cancelled this flight the night before and had bused over 120 people to the resort at 7PM and the next morning the buses did not depart for the airport until almost 10AM. At the end of the day the cosmetic bag left in the room was turned in by the housekeeper to the housekeeping manager. At this time we were waiting on confirmation from United if the same 120 people were being grounded for a second night. At 530PM the buses returned from the airport with 120 unhappy campers – understandably so! At 9PM that night I received at call at home from our agent on duty – she was stressed and seemed to be almost in tears, (for the record I have an open door policy and I make myself available to my team 24 hours day and they take advantage of this with no fear – ever!) She explained the situation and unusually we had no immediate to that office access until early in the morning. Ms Lisap44 explained to me over the phone that was not leaving the lobby until she had her cosmetic bag. I was able to have our housekeeping manager bus back to the hotel in effort meet the guest’s expectations – that is our job! We were very polite in explaining the lack of accessibility at the moment but it’s our goal was to be flexible and make it happen for her.

I placed 2 follow-up calls Ms Lisap44 explaining what we had accomplished and she was thrilled, very thankful and excited that we found the bag and she would have it tonight. Ms Lisap44’s integrity was never questioned – when we investigate anything lost we always ask when they noticed it missing and could you have left somewhere else – this happens quite frequently. We are also very grateful for all the positive comments about Infinity Bay!

We are especially happy that Ms Lisap44 received her cosmetic bag that night and her flight finally left after two days of cancellations.

Something we all learned many years ago – the hospitality business is not a job – it’s a lifestyle!
See you all at the Palapa down on the beach!

Al the best!
Rick Kolinsky
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
Lake Oswego, OR
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Top accommodations with drinkable tap water, wifi, comfort. The location is fantastic, since you can step outside to snorkel in some of the most beautiful reefs I've seen. Each day we saw something different, from schools of fish, strange squid things with neon blue spots, sea snake, lion fish and amazing coral. All of these can be viewed, even for the timid at standing depth, or one can venture further out to see the astounding changes in blue shades and different coral and sea life. Easy to catch a water taxi ($2-3/person) for a bite in West End or buy produce off the trucks for cooking back at the condo, or ride on a glass bottom boat or other activities. The restaurants on the beach are also friendly and fun. Just be sure to wear a surf shirt snorkeling as you will get more sun exposure being mesmerized exploring the sea life! Easy to sign up for some trips arranged by reception with maybe 10% tacked on to the price, (depending on the trip), but transportation provided.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank MultnomahOR
Applegate,Oregon
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We just spent a lovely month at Infinity Bay Spa on the island of Roatan.A gorgeous white sand beach and pristine coral reef with fantastic snorkeling are just a few steps outside the front door.......and Infinity s pool is awesome!The people that work there are super nice and very helpful and try hard to make sure everyone is haveing a good time.Susanna got her dive certification while we were on vacation and Ricardo,her dive master at Infinity was a first class instructor and a great guy to work with.Cool place to take the entire Family.The Shrimp are some of the tastiest in the world.Nuff said,check it out!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Buzzon
Boulder
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We water taxied over from West End to snorkel & have lunch. Food was pretty good. Looked like a rather upscale place compared to what we wanted in West End.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank yum-o2
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review –

In effort for this review to be helpful to traveling public I need to point some specifics. The barrier reef is literally 50+ feet off our beach – there you will find world class snorkeling / diving that cannot be surpassed anywhere on the island. Actually this beach has been voted in the top 10 in the Caribbean for snorkeling.

Additionally this reviewer has never stayed at Infinity Bay Resort or experienced any of unique services we offer.

I have personally reached out to yum-02 to open a dialogue and hopefully they can come back to the resort for a tour and lunch to see what Infinity Bay is all about.

We look forward to welcoming back!

Rick Kolinsky
Westbay ,Roatan
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Even though we live on the island of Roatan, we have stayed at I.B several times and we loved it. Everything is first rate and beautiful. The pool is a an art form as it looks to become one with the Caribbean sea. Good food, nice wait staff and the General manager, Rick gives it his special touch with his friendly exhuberant personality. I highly recommend I.B. Enjoy!

Room Tip: As close to the front as possible to take in the view.