5 star condo with 5 star owners! Arlene was so helpful in advance and personally took care of a few minor glitches while we were there. We stayed 11 nights in March 2018 and the condo was perfect for our group of 3 adult couples. It is exactly as shown in pics - but even more beautiful in real life. We just loved the upper deck/pool and the main balcony. The meridian property itself is stunning and Kismet restaurant was exceptional - we ate there most nights. Special thanks to staff member “Afan” who personally looked after our every need; thank you! The only complaint was the constant noise from construction right next door and above main pool, (as well as regular power outages...) but this is not owners fault - just poor timing on our booking. A huge amount of work was done while we were there so I’m thinking anyone booking in future will be fine as the noisiest parts are done! We toured the whole island and this is truly the best location; close to everything but far enough removed from the busyness of beautiful West End beach. We plan on returning someday with our family and hope we are able to rent this beautiful condo again. Thanks Arlene for sharing your beautiful space!
We loved our condo, we traveled with two toddlers and 2 grandparents and this place had TONS of room. The condo, staff, and owners were friendly, easy to email, talk to. Our downside was that
1. The complex is under construction, the pool area and next door is dirt so there will be construction. Something happened with the owners and now they are in full swing of building.
2. The kids couldn't swim at the beach. It was rocky and shallow. The snorkeling and reef were close and great, but hard to get out of the bay. The free kayaks were great and a quick paddle to West Bay.
3. You cannot drink the water in your condo, this was a first for us and we have been to many Caribbean islands.
4. West Bay is a 15 minute walk, about a mile, but it's a VERY STEEP hill! I would suggest a rental car, because it's not quick to get a taxi from the complex. It's easy to get back, but cost us $15! One day I walked to town and back 3 times, and we are in shape, it was a serious workout for the grandparents, or with scuba gear. ***p.s. our taxi driver from the airport also had NO CLUE where our resort was and it was very frustrating.
5. Stairs for older people, you can't get to the door without stairs.
6. Sliding door to the main patio had no handle on the outside and we STRUGGLED to get it open all the time.
7. Private plunge pool was very cloudy and cold. We noticed that the roof drains into, and there were quite a few rain storms. We also had staff servicing it almost daily.
8. There is no office for the resort as it's still under construction so it's not always easy to find someone for help or questions.
9. No maid service, and we couldn't use the washer/dryer (not accessible in the owners locked closet). We have small kids (one still potty training) so it would have been nice to access.
10. Lost power a few times for a few hours
11. The grocery store is far away. But it was cheaper than other trips to the islands we've had.
12. The resort had a wedding, but never informed us. So the pool and grounds were being used and we weren't invited. Luckily after they served the reception we were still able to eat at the restaurant.
13. Get your ice at Eldon's. The ice maker didn't work, so we bought trays, but even the local mini mart didn't want to sell to us, but some how we lucked out.
14. Scuba diving... we are more advanced and the West Bay diver centers wanted to do easy and close dives. Go to West End for the more interesting spots farther away than 5 minutes. But we loved Craig at Bananrama.
15. Security, there was always someone on watch, and Ed is great. But the resort is very open, there are lots of access points and no gates. Our area was very safe, and West Bay. But West End at night was a different feeling.
But the pro's
Best restaurant was the Kismet at the beach at the resort, great presentation. But the whole island was slow service.
The condo was nicely stocked. We've had to buy dishwasher soap and paper towels before, but that was provided here.
Gumbalimbo was awesome, and a free shuttle to and from the attraction
Bananrama was awesome, we visited a few times for lunch and brought the snorkel gear and the kids would swim at the beach while we ate. Sony the security guy was amazing!
Infinity Bay's beach restaurant was great and Swiss Chocolate our server was great!
For those that don't like the resort scene or being in the middle of a frat party this is perfect. It is away from the touristy part, but not too far.
Spacious, well appointed with great finishings, furnishings and all the comforts of home (some that aren't even in my home).
Shop and cook for yourself, drop down below to the restaurant (really good food!!) for a bite or take a short 5 min drive for a night out in West Bay or pick up some awesome pizza from Banarama.
Sit on the deck and watch the sunset, relax on your own private beach, or swim in either the rooftop or the huge pool in the middle of the complex. Snorkeling on the reef right out front was great and the complimentary kayaks too.
I have rented many vacation homes and this may be the best yet.
Owner was readily available by email to answer any questions, onsite peeps were super helpful and accommodating, and we were always greeted by smile and hello no matter who we ran into.
I really can't say enough good things about our stay at the SandBarr. Should I return to Roatan this is where I will stay.
I recommend renting a vehicle and stopping at the store near the airport for supplies. If you inquire they can do laundry for a small fee, which was nice since we were there for 2 weeks.
Please don't hesitate to contact me for more insights and recommendations.
If SandBarr is booked there is another unit or two in the complex that also rent.
Thanks for a great stay!
I rented this house with 6 other friends and stayed there for 5 days.
Roatan is an amazing place and the villa is very well located, a 10 minutes walk from West Bay, the best beach in the island.
The apartment is big, comfortable and modern. The kitchen is very well-equipped, the master bedroom has an amazing view, it has everything you need. The pool in the roof top is great! The staff was also very kind.
There is a nice restaurant that belongs to the property and you can also practice beach volley and kayak.
I strongly recommend this property.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|