We just returned from a wonderful week at The Mayan Princess. It was a great experience right from the start, we had an easy check in/out with an unexpected surprise, an upgrade to a beachfront room with which could not have been better start to our stay,thanks again.
We stayed in room 201 which was very nice and a beautiful view from a very large paito. We had a living room a small kitchen a nice size bathroom with a huge walk in shower and the bedroom was big enough also, the bed was ok, the only bad thing about the room, it could use some ventilation in the bathroom.
The grounds were well kept, very lush,a beautiful pool with a water fall, hot tub and a perfect beach. The resort was about what we expected for it's size, one a le cart restaurant, one buffet and one bar which were enough. The food was very good and I'm a picky eater, they kept it interesting with dinner,there were different themes every night, lunch was good everyday with BBQ on sat. and breakfast very good also.
There was some live music on a few nights, between those night and after the music was over, we took a short walk down the beach was the Thirsty Turtle beach bar with nightly entertainment, fun place. All bars along the beach and at the Mayan close at 10 PM.
The beach was beautiful with enough chairs for guest even on cruse ship days. Towels did seem a little scarce get one early, we ended up using ours all week due to early morning dives and none were left by the time we returned to the resort, we had no problem with that.
The vendors on the beach were not much of a problem, just no thanks and they go away. For some great snorkeling and for your safety due to boats outside of the swimming areas, you have to go down the beach (turn left) to the wall in the Marine park,there's plenty of fish and coral to see,there's also a great dive shop, Mayan Divers in the resort.
We took walks along the beach, there are some cool beach bars and restaurants a short walk either way along the beach.
The staff were very friendly and service was good, a special shout out to Darwin at the bar for his excellent service, the others were very good as well. The all inclusive only had 16 different drinks and 1 or 2 beers included.
We took the water taxi $3 each per. each way to West End for a little shopping and lunch one day, make sure you go on a dry day due to dirt roads in West End. We had lunch at The Light house, the Grouper Burger and 2 very big Fish Tacos were very good. In the west end of West End were a couple of beach bars, we stopped at The lobster Pot a quiet shady spot for a cool drink and another bar(didn't stop at) I don't remember the name of that looked nice. On the other end a must stop, Sundowners Beach Bar, a laid back bar with good people and great drinks.
We traveled from the states on our own and no problem with our luggage, we handled it all along, no waiting for any type of delivery. It was a bit of a hassle when leaving at the airport to go home, you have get in one line to pay a departure tax $38 U.S. either before or after standing in a check in line, then another line to get your passport checked and yet another line for security with out any instruction, thank you to the other passengers who helped us out. When we return to Roatan we will be staying at The Mayan Princess again. Thank You for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Bay Islands/West Bay, Roatan