A group of adults in their 40's traveled with me to Roatan in February, and we had so much fun we came back for a week in June.
Bananarama is set on a beautiful stretch of West Bay Beach, literally steps from the white sand and crystal blue water.
The rooms are basic but fit our needs well. We stayed in room 22, which was next to the restaurant, and right on the sand. We had clean rooms, hot water, and cool air conditioning. The sewer "acted up" a couple of days and there was a smell in the room, but they were working to get that fixed as quickly as possible.
The setting was amazing, and the staff was incredible! Jessica served us a great breakfast every morning, and always had a smile on her face. She remembered all of us by the second day. She was great and always took care of us and made sure we had everything we needed.
The Thirsty Turtle is the bar/restaurant on the premises, and we took advantage of it quite often. Steven made an incredible mojito which I highly recommend. Zebby and Eddison were also very attentive and seemed very happy to be working there. They all made the trip relaxing and worry-free.
I felt extremely safe at Bananarama, as there were guards posted along the beach. We would leave our belongings laying in a beach chair for hours as we walked up and down the beach, got in the ocean, snorkeled, etc. We never had any problems. There were vendors on the beach, however, they were not aggressive. And on days when cruise ships were in port, Bananarama had an entire beach section reserved for their guests, which was nice.
Roatan is a beautiful island and Bananarama is a wonderful, relaxing place to stay to enjoy the fabulous beach, and attentive and friendly service. I'm already planning my third trip back again someday soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Bay Islands/West Bay, Roatan