“Fun with Family and Friends”
Review of Mayan Divers

Mayan Divers
Ranked #7 of 22 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Resort on the premises of Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort. High standard operation committed to personal service, safety and fun. Small groups diving, snorkel tours, day trips. Nice boats never crowded. All programs and courses from Discover Scuba Diving to Divemaster internships and Instructor ratings! Rental cameras and photo services available. Dive packages and specials through out the year.
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This is the second time to dive with Mayan Divers! The staff are remarkable! They really spoiled us meaning all we had to do was show up to boat which was located at Mayan Princess. Our dive master,Mark, took us to great dive sites along with our great boat captain Teddy! All of us in our party which were 9 of us highly recommend Mayan Divers and the Mayan Princess-you won't regret it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
mayandiverswestbay, Manager at Mayan Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

We appreciate your review very much!

Thank you for taking the time and telling the world about your great experience with us! Hope to dive with you again soon!

From all of us at Mayan Diver!

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"marine life"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Great dive operation!! They are focused on making each dive a good experience for everyone on the boat and are fully supportive of go at your own pace so that you are comfortable. We were a group of 21 experienced divers from Diver Dans in San Jose and went on 16 dives. The folks here are fantastic!! I have done a lot of diving around the world and have a deep appreciation of the quality of service they provide. Kudos to Mark, the Operation Manager and the rest of his team!! I will be back to dive here again.

mayandiverswestbay, Manager at Mayan Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Judy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with everyone!

Your comments are very much valued. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Roatan!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We went to Mayan Princess and Dove with Mayan Divers as a very large group. Every dive was excellent, the dive operation was top notch. It was very well organized, easy to get our tanks and gear, and access to the boat and shop was very convenient. Highly recommend staying at Mayan Princess and diving with Mayan Divers.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you!, for sharing your feedback regarding your diving experience with MAYAN DIVERS, I am glad that we were able fulfill your expectations.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Roatan

Reviewed 15 June 2018

As a solo traveler, with not much dive experience, I couldn't of asked for anything better. The instructors were great. I had to do a refresher witch was quick and easy and only took half a day. I took the all inclusive,14 dives, bundled with the resort, for a week. I liked it so much I did a few extra dives. The diving is fairly shallow, most of the dives are between 40 and 60 feet, but that's where most of the coral was. I saw a lot of turtles and even a couple of sharks. I came to this resort with one goal, to get better at diving. These guys run a very friendly outfit, that will help you get better at things like air consumption. If you're a more experienced diver, don't worry they customize the dives to you skill level. I met a group of guys who each had thousands of dives, and said the instructor was one of the best they had. They bring all the tanks and SCUBA gear to the boat for you as well, so it's very convenient.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
mayandiverswestbay, Manager at Mayan Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Thank you so kindly for your great review!

I have passed all your comments on to the staff and they are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed yourselves!

We hope to see you back again soon!

Hugs from all of us at Mayan Divers.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

23 of us came to Roatan for a week of diving and relaxing. Well I can say the dive staff was great total 5stars on the dive masters and boat Capitan, it was so relaxing to be in the water. I've dove around the world from Palau to Wakatobi to Lembeh and many more so I wasn't impressed with the sea life, so I didn't bring my camera on the boat at all. If you are a serious photographer you might be disappointed. If you are looking for easy breezy diving that you can just mindlessly float in the water it's really a good place. No current, no surge, most of the dives were very shallow, under 60 ft. Great place for friends to drink, eat and relax under water.

They served fish as one of the many protens everyday and it was hands down the best, I had it way more than the chicken or the steak, salads are always fresh, and fruit daily is great.

All that being said, the resort was so loud at night! Between karaoke at the resort 2 nights a week and the bars and restaurants all around the resort with partying late and loud every night I had to put earplugs in to get some quiet sleep!

So, overall couldn't give it 5 stars. Do something about the music at 1am for us divers that are on the boat at 7:45am and it would be a great relaxing place.

Management response:Responded 7 June 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words. We also had a great time diving with you!
We will mention your comments about the music to the Manager of the resort, I have passed all your comments on to the dive staff and they are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed yourselves!

We hope to see you back again soon!

Big hugs from all of us here!