“End of coastal walk celebration”
Review of New Inn, Amroth

New Inn, Amroth
Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in Amroth
Reviewed 13 May 2016

Two friends and myself have been walking the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path, it has taken us three years but we have finally done it. We were doing it as a sponsored walk for the church so invited members of the church to New Inn for a meal after cheering us over the finishing line. I initially booked for between 20 and 25 but 32 turned up, but the staff readily coped with the extra number. What a lovely venue it was too, we filled one of the rooms, the staff were very methodical in taking everyone's orders. The food was fabulous, everyone enjoyed themselves, I cannot roccomend this highly enough.

1  Thank kingsleygtaylor
"dog"
in 3 reviews
"pembrokeshire"

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Heard the food was good so popped in disappointed to be told they only done food at lunch time .this time of year. Evening meals served friday, Saturday and Sunday.

1  Thank Cheryl C
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

This was my first time to have Sunday lunch here as my daughter saw it on Facebook. We were 4 adults and 3 children.
First impression was good, staff were polite and friendly. The starters were lovely and we were all looking forward to our lunch, this is where it started to get disappointing. They missed one of the children's meal so had to ask for the meal to be told that only 2 children's meal had been ordered. so one had to wait, try telling a 2yr old to wait is not easy. We had with us a 4yr old and two 2yr old.
The lunch it self was quite bland my pork and my husband turkey tasted the same, but he had stuffing with his. And the veggies were just nondiscriped taste less and not very hot. I don't have pickled red cabbage with a Sunday lunch and there was leek in a very runny sauce that can only be discribed as slops, the peas had no taste to them and the swede/carrot mix looked awful and also did not have much taste too.
We were not offered dessert so went and picked up the dessert menu off the bar and then had to wait for someone to take the order. Other tables were being served before us even though we had finished or main meal before them.
Finally we had dessert, 3 small icecreams for the children and a crumble for my husband but my dessert never arrived so when they finished I went to pay, they had not charged for my missing dessert but they charged the same for a small icecream and the crumble and icecream. What a ripoff first place I've been to that's done that.
No tip, and will not be going back.

2  Thank Anne R
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Good choices to meet most tastes. Big plates, well covered with tasty food. And service with that essential smile and personal touch.
Please remember, it is an Inn with a restaurant!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

Came to have a spot of lunch in the new inn on are way through the coastal drive to saundersfoot.
It's a really nice location and great for people watching, very friendly with a warm atmosphere.
The food was great and so reasonable. I'd suggest the chicken with pesto panini and always add chips.
When the weather is nice the beer garden is great to sit out side and catch the west wales sun .. Highly recommend here.