“Absolutely the best place to stay on Manitoulin Island! Loved it.”
Review of Willow Shores B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitowaning
Willow Shores B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Manitowaning B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This is by far the best B&B I've stayed in. This is really a gem! Your hosts, Charlene and Gord, make you immediately feel home and do their best to make your stay unforgettable. All guest rooms are so lovely decorated and very clean. The room was made up every day, and even the towels were changed daily. Regarding the rooms, my personal favourites are the Ships and the Music Room. Especially the Music Room is so spacious, quiet and bright, and offers a lot of privacy. The bed is huge and really comfortable, and the lake and garden view from the private balcony is awesome. We also enjoyed Charlene's delicious homecooked breakfast and very helpful advice on what to see and where to go on Manitoulin Island. She even had a little map for us where she highlighted all the interesting places, and also gave us an idea of how long it would take us. Charlene and Gord know a lot about the island's history and we had really interesting conversations. Sitting together with them at breakfast or in the evening was not like spending time with a host, but with friends!

We also liked the location of this B&B, as it is quite easy to find and a short drive to the ferry. There's plenty to do and see in the area, or you can use the B&Bs own kayaks, canoe or paddle boat. Gord will be happy to take you out on the lake! If you just want to enjoy the lake view from inside the house, watch the hummingbirds, or just relax and read a book, you can use the quiet sitting room and enjoy a cup of tea. Staying at the Willow Shores was a real treat for us, and we will definitely come back.

Room Tip: all are quiet, but the Music Room is the largest
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank felis24
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Willow Shores B&B

Reviewed 19 February 2011

We researched and contacted several BBs on Manitoulin Island and we were so glad we stayed at this wonderful bed and breakfast in late August 2009. We would rate it as one of the best we have ever stayed in. The location overlooking a lake at the bottom of the garden, the warmth and friendliness of Gord and Charlene and the fabulous music room with view out to the lake made the stay unforgettable. Fond memories of an entertaining barbeque with the family down by the lake, using the provided telescope to look at the stars from the balcony and of course breakfast pancakes.
The village of Manitowaning is only a few minutes walk and is pleasant with a off the beaten track feel to it – which of course it is!
Manitoulin Island is really out in the wilds and requires a long drive to get there. We were staying in Huntsville which took 6 hours. Be prepared to travel miles on the island without seeing a soul. The one slight disappointment was often views were obscured by trees.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I recently spent most of a week in Manitowaning at the Willow Shores B an B. Not only was the food better than what can be found at the local restaurants, but hearing Gord and Charlene speak of the local history and culture over dinner or breakfast helped us to understand the area. I needed to urgently return back to the south, leaving the vehicle with the team I came up with. Charlene found a ride for me on very short notice, sent me off with a lunch, and even a hug when she could see my situation was getting to me. (don't tell Gord!) Special thanks to Bonnie and Brian for getting me on my way. I hope to be back one day!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Dmonkfunk
Reviewed 7 October 2010

This was close to if not the finest of our vacation stays for comfort (had an incredible view from the Music room), convenience (close to attractions) and the food provided (the homemade muffins are delicious).

Our hosts Charlene & Gord make you feel right at home and we enjoyed the great conversations plus the help they provided while we toured the island during are 3 night stay.

We would highly recommend this B & B to all visitors coming to the island.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank FirstChoice4
Reviewed 6 September 2010

First off, let me start by saying, that I am not your typical B & B tourist! Generally, I prefer to stay in Hotels, however due to circumstances, ended up staying at this delightful property located on lovely Manitowaning Bay.
Well, let me tell you.... I cannot say enough good things about staying in this property.
First off, the hosts, Gord and Charlene were delightful folks, who maintain a very clean property, and on top of that, went the extra mile for us on several occassions without hesitation.
We were made to feel very welcome staying here, and they treated us like royalty.
Plus, Charlene was even kind enough to make Gluten Free Pancakes for my partner,
(we provided the mix) for breakfast. What hotel is going to do that?
Not to mention having a jar of Hawberry jam at the breakfast table, a deal closer for me.
On the property, great location, with a great view of the bay. They have a few rooms to choose from.
So, without any hesitation, I can recommend that should you travel to lovely Manitoulin Island, and I certainly hope you do, it's a delightful place to be, you can stay at this property with confidence, knowing that you will have a good night's rest.
PS the bonus of Free Long distance Calls in US and Canada, and wireless internet is a nice touch too!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TorontoRay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowaning
28.5 km away
103.5 km away
The Meldrum Bay Inn
The Meldrum Bay Inn
#1 of 2 in Meldrum Bay

Been to Willow Shores B&B? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK