“Best Stay Ever”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Little Current
Brampton, Canada
“Best Stay Ever”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We went on a fishing trip to Manitoulin Island and decided to stay in Little Current. We toured the town looking for a place to stay, checked few motels around and thought of trying Hawberry Motel as it looked very attractive and maintained from outside, so we went and checked out the rooms. We were two families so we had two separate rooms. Both the rooms were impeccably clean. The beds were very comfortable. We had free internet service which was great. The staff was friendly and made us feel as if we were at home away from our home. They were very kind and looked after our needs. We were so comfortable that we decided to stay one extra night and extended our stay to three days. We would definitely recommend this motel. Can’t wait to go there again. Thanks Hawberry Motel for making our trip so enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cindy P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My wife and I checked into the Hawberry Motel Aug. 31 after a very uncomfortable night at the Anchor Inn further downtown.

We started looking for other accommodations first thing Wednesday morning (8:30 a.m.) and quickly decided to stop in at the Hawberry for a look around.

The proprietor greeted us immediately and we were instantly charmed with her helpful manner and friendliness. She quickly showed me a couple of basic rooms, which were perfect for our needs. When I mentioned we were looking for wireless Internet access, she suggested a room closer to the front of the motel where the signal was better.

We decided to take the room, which was a perfect size for us, including a small refrigerator. The bed was quite comfortable, the room was clean, as was the bathroom. The price was also quite reasonable.

We returned to the Anchor Inn to check out and pack up, and were happily settled into the Hawberry with 90 minutes.

We stayed for two nights, and were totally pleased with the motel, which was located conveniently close to restaurants, gas, and within walking distance to the swing bridge.

Interestingly, we met up with another person who had stayed at the Anchor Inn and moved as well in favor of the Hawberry.

We didn't see them, but the motel also offers larger deluxe rooms. The proprietor offered to show one to us, but the basic room was more than sufficient for our needs.

I'd recommend the Hawberry to anyone traveling to Little Current with no doubts whatsoever!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tsg1965
Toronto
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Let me start first of all with what a great stay I had at Hawberry Motel and it was not the first. Most comfortable beds and I travel a lot. Super clean bathrooms and very friendly staff. Now I want to address the writer of the review “Acceptable But”. Sir if you were told about the motel at the entrance by Information centre how come you still chose to go ahead with this motel. It’s very surprising to me. At least if I were you I would have chosen some other motel. But maybe you did check other motels and still came back to Hawberry Motel to stay there as I know the other motels are not very pleasant to stay. Anyways, I completely disagree with this review. I know that the rooms have been upgraded and it shows. I have stayed at Hawberry Motel before the renovation was done and there is a huge difference in the rooms. I have stayed in both Basic and Deluxe rooms and I have always found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I have no idea why people first choose with their own will and later complain. I had an absolute wonderful stay. I have always recommended this motel to my friends and families and will always do.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank William K
Petawawa, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This accomodation shows the wear and tear of a summer tourist season. It is incumbent upon the owners that some money be spent in the off-season to address such issues as mustiness(probably condensate from the poorly maintained window air conditioners), upgraded bedding, newer balanced tables, minimum seating, and better quality toiletries. A new business plan with a new mission statement to include a fresher more vigorous attitude toward client comment and satisfaction.
Upon entering Manitoulin Island at Little Current we were told by the Information Center person that that there were continuing complaints about this hotel becoming more run-down. This sort of commentary can have long term consequences. Bad news travels fast. There is much potential here and the profit motive has to be balanced with a service philosophy that reflects a better desire to offer good value.

Room Tip: General run down appearance to everything. End of long season?
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed at the Hawberry several times. Rooms are always clean. The charming owners make the guests feel very special and are sincere about customer service.
It seems to be a relaxing place; every time I have stayed there all the guests seem relaxed and quiet.
Because it is a motel it could possibly get noisy but I have never had to complain.
I have always stayed in the larger rooms behind the office; have never stayed in the motels rooms fronting the road, they may be less quiet.
Cable TV, fridge, coffee maker, large full bathrooms, chairs/loveseats, desks, all in larger rooms.
Wireless internet availbale in roome, better in some than others - management very open about this.
The motel is 250 meters from downtown Little Current restaurants, shops and the docks - fun to walk down the hill and check out the boats.Grocery store next door to motel, LCBO 100 meters away.
Stoned parking lot can puddle a bit after rains so guests should take care when parking.

Room Tip: Larger rooms behind the office are favorable.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
31.6 km away
Sportsman's Inn
Sportsman's Inn
#1 of 2 in Killarney

Been to The Hawberry Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK