Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
The best family day out!

We all had an excellent time. Learned to ride on the day with a saftey briefing and practise... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Misred666
Fantastic fun, friendly people

This was part of a boys weekend away of 6 very good, (and mature? all 54+) mates. After thorough... read more

Reviewed 7 June 2022
SeanDMahony

Recommended experiences in and around National Park Village
from $185.62
from $140.03
from $390.77
from $211.67
More Info
All reviews quad bikes central plateau awesome experience experienced riders beautiful scenery karl maria mud ruapehu blast hosts fun track activity thrilling safety teacher
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying how great Carl and Maria are; Carl’s the coolest and Maria couldn’t be any nicer. Don’t worry if you’ve never ridden a quad before, they have you do a test run around a small track so they can tailor your ride to your ability. Now the ride itself, the trails are beautiful...you get views of the everything. My brother and I were pretty comfortable on our quads, so Carl took us on a pretty adventurous route. We rode through water, mud, steep inclines and even got to do a little sheep herding along the way. If you’re in the area, this is a must do!

Date of experience: February 2018
Maria S, Owner at Ruapehu Adventure Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Had a great day riding quad bikes in a brilliant location. Lots of variety with areas ranging from open hills, forest quagmires to crossing streams. We had the best day ever on a quad bike. The staff were knowledgeable and great to spend time with. Will definitely be back, only next time I will take a few friends as well.

Date of experience: February 2018
Maria S, Owner at Ruapehu Adventure Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you for your review, it was lovely to meet you.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Spent a great couple of hours on a new quad with my 11 year old son riding shotgun with Carl in the side-by-side buggy around the hills and forests. The riding was surprisingly challenging and all the better for it. The gear is good and safety and instruction very thorough. I thought it was good value too.

1  Thank scuba445
Maria S, Owner at Ruapehu Adventure Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Today is something my fiancée and I will always remember. Our lovely hosts Maria and Karl were so friendly and patient with us. Excellent ride, I found myself yelling woohoo a few times after getting through a small challenge! The views are beautiful and we totally recommend to all novice and experienced riders. And what a treat at the end... All their photos and videos of us just given to us. Thanks so much guys, see you next time we are in town

Date of experience: December 2017
Maria S, Owner at Ruapehu Adventure Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

It was lovely to meet you both, thank you for the review, Maria

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

First of all, many thanks to Maria & Karl and also Jaime for making our day! ☺️
Beautiful day with great fun on the quad bikes. We had booked an hour and a half, but ended up being out for two Even though my boyfriend and I were on different levels, we both enjoyed the ride very much! Hills, forest, small streams and mud holes - it was a blast, even on a dry day where there is not much mud. And Karl took photos, which we got for free.
Really relaxed atmosphere - after the ride we stayed for a chat and a cup of coffee Maria & Karl are such lovely people, we really recommend this experience!
BR, Kat & Kim.

Date of experience: December 2017
Maria S, Owner at Ruapehu Adventure Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you for your review.