Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
The best family day out!

We all had an excellent time. Learned to ride on the day with a saftey briefing and practise... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Misred666
Fantastic fun, friendly people

This was part of a boys weekend away of 6 very good, (and mature? all 54+) mates. After thorough... read more

Reviewed 7 June 2022
SeanDMahony

Recommended experiences in and around National Park Village
from $185.62
from $140.03
from $390.77
from $211.67
More Info
All reviews quad bikes central plateau awesome experience experienced riders beautiful scenery karl maria mud ruapehu blast hosts fun track activity thrilling teacher nz
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2017

What a great family adventure! We stayed overnight in the Campable motorhome campsite at Ruapehu Adventure Rides so we were ready to go for our morning ride through the hills. Our guide Karl (and the business co-owner), who comes from a farming/contracting background knows everything you need to know about how to operate the 4x4 quad bikes for maximum fun (and safety). Karl and his wife Maria are very professional operators so we felt very safe in their care. They have built some awesome tracks across their farm to give riders the experience of steep terrain, native bush, stream crossings, and mud! And then there's the magical views of Mt Ruapehu and even a glimpse out to Mt Taranaki in the west. I thought I'd enjoy playing around on the quad bikes but it exceeded my expectations - I absolutely loved it! Thanks Karl and Maria.

Date of experience: April 2017
Maria S, Owner at Ruapehu Adventure Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Reviewed 13 April 2017

We did an hour quad bike ride as our hike was cancelled by the weather and the ride really saved our day. Carl and Maria were amazing, so kind and patient and we had tons of fun riding through some fields, forest and even a small stream. I may have been one of the most un-talented quad-bikers Carl ever trained and even so I had an amazing experience because I felt really comfortable and safe while having a really thrilling time. We were also really happy with the quad bikes themselves, what great machines!

Thanks again!!

Date of experience: April 2017
Maria S, Owner at Ruapehu Adventure Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This was a last min planned trip since the hike up my ruapehu was cancelled due to poor weather. As teenagers, my brother and I were disappointed. However, we booked a buggies for the older adults and 2 quad bikes for the my brother and I, and it was an absolute blast- a life saver/ "happiness" saver to the day. Karl and his wife was so pleasant to work with. From knowing absolutely nothing about quad bikes, my brother and I can now steer quite confidently along the terrains. Great view and great adventure!

Things we were impressed with:
1. Clean quad bikes and equipments!
2. Karl is an awesome quad bike teacher and he really made sure we knew what to do before letting us drive
3. First aid back pack kit!
4. So many beautiful photos taken!
5. Snacks and juice after the session

I don't usually write reviews. However, I'm seriously impressed by this company and recommend it to all!

Date of experience: April 2017
Maria S, Manager at Ruapehu Adventure Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you, it was great to meet you.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

As part of a family fun day out, doing the quadbike adventure was our last excitement for the day. Our group consisted of parents with 4 adult children. None of us had any real experience in quadbiking but after 30 minutes practising, the 4 of us found their confidence. Although the other two felt overwhelmed by the the powerpul equipment it was quickly decided that riding in the 4WD buggy was a much better option. So the 6 of us were still all together, doing the same tracks regardless of our abilities. It was an absolute blast. Uphill, downhill, across farmland, mudpool, rivers, forest, it offered a lot of variety so it never got dull.
At the end a warm cuppa tea and muffins were waiting and there was even a baby possum to cuddlle.
This is an excellent adventure activity regardless the weather as wet weather gear and gumboots are provided.

Date of experience: March 2017
Maria S, Owner at Ruapehu Adventure Rides, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This was hands down the best adventure we had on our NZ trip.
Where do I start??
The people are fantastic, a real family business and they make you feel like part of there family.

The adventure was unreal. Up n down steep hills, thru mud holes getting bogged and getting pulled out ( the best bit) and just a spectacular view of the great Mt Ruapehu.

Lunch was provided on our 1/2 day trip and I can't tell you how much these awesome people made us feel like family. We traded stories while eating awesome lunch.

After lunch we set off for more adventure. It felt like we were farmers having some fun hooning around the farm looking for a menacing wild pig and some wild deer ( which we didn't see ).

Over all an absolute must if in nz anytime.

Thanks guys we will be back on our next NZ trip for sure

Date of experience: March 2017