All reviews great wedding venue friends wedding wonderful setting wedding breakfast stayed one night bed and breakfast full english breakfast following morning plenty of parking afternoon tea yogurt conference disco orangery
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for a wedding- wedding was lovely lovely grounds but needed more staff for the bar- afternoon tea was lovely evening wedding was lovely but if the weather was raining the indoor venue would of been very small- could maybe supplied outdoor heaters.
The bedrooms are not worth the money ! Paid £95 for one night stay and rooms very poor ! Lasy on phone said she would book a nice room with a view but there was no view at all apart from a wall. Rooms were very hot and not double bed 2 singles pushed together that were rock hard! Rooms desperately need updating.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sianee92
Ashwin R, General Manager at Chartridge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Sianee92

Thank you for your review and i am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Some of our rooms do need upgrading but we are always praised for the mattresses and bedrooms. Its that time of the year where the weather is hot during the day but cold at night and so the heating was left on, unfortunately the room was hot for you. The venue is beautiful for weddings and events and i hope you come and stay with us again.

Best wishes Ashwin

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights was greated at the desk by mike who cheaked me in told me all the relevant information but the one thing missing on a Sunday was food , I was however offfered a sandwiches, I opted for a take away .wheni arrived back mike offered me cutlery and a plate great hosting wifi was hit and miss though . breakfast was a good start to the day. Chef need to look at the evening menu had a chicken curry sorry to say meat was a bit dry butvthe pint went down well. Will happly stay here again

Room Tip: Out oof the place to stay
Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Ashwin R, General Manager at Chartridge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear whanmikey

Thank you for review and i will pass on your comments to Mike. We are upgrading our wifi on 29th May and our food is consistently however i will speak to the chefs regarding the chicken curry. Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you again at Charrtidge.

With best wishes

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Booked groundfloor room on booking.com but on check in was informed they do not have groundfloor rooms. Due to chest infection I could not use stairs so was given room in cottage annex. Comfortable bed good TV and hostess tray and was warm enough in snowy weather. But bathroom was a minefield with step down immediately on opening door with no warning! Banged hip on radiator badly. No grab rails in bath for shower also very dangerous as nothing to hold onto and very slippy. Did not like second nights stay when other rooms upstairs and opposite were occupied with inconsiderate guests late at night. Rather dark to come from main building to cottage. Staff were very indifferent and less than giving customer facing service. I did not know we're the cottage annex was but the staff did not attempt to show me when booking in and just indifferent attitude given. The rest of the hotel was empty over the holiday weekend so staff not exactly busy!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Ashwin R, General Manager at Chartridge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Cusmer2014

Thank you for your review. The cottage is in need of some refurbishment and my apologies for the inconsiderate guests on your second night that didn't allow you to sleep. The staff at Chartridge lodge are excellent and so i will look into why you felt that the customer service you received was not to your expectation, and i am sorry that you felt this way.

I hope that you visit us again and are feeling better now.

Best wishes

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

So my stay here happened as I was the best man for my friends wedding at the venue....id booked 2 nights here so was looking forward to it....

We arrived quite late and the chap on reception checked us in really quick....the bride and groom had organised a storage room available to wedding parties so we stored the car loads of stuff we had in there till the morning....

The rooms were very big and so we're the beds....my only criticism is that the bathrooms need some serious updating and the showers were really loud and echoed quite a lot....other than that the rooms were perfect....irnoning board and iron....kettle and basically everything you need....

The next morning we went for breakfast and it was a hot buffet with some cereals too....i eat gluten free mostly sadly there was no gluten free breads but I got by with the cooked food and it tasted great too....

We then chilled for a bit and wandered round the grounds which are very big and we'll kept....theres a drop off area at the front of the Lodge and the car park is round the back and there's lots of spaces too....

They then started setting up ready for the wedding....it was all very well organised and there was little for me to check up on....i sneaked a peak at the Bridal suite and it was lovely with such great views....

The wedding went without a hitch....the food was great and the entertainment for the evening event which was organised by the Lodge was great as well....bar is a tad pricey but we'll worth it for the evening that was had....

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Ashwin R, General Manager at Chartridge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Rickster1984

Thank you for a great review and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your have given my team and i a great boost of confidence.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

24 hour espresso coffee, tasty ‘English’ breakfast though generally limited to one of each food item on the plate, amazing evening dining though expensive, free pool table and nice enough rooms that are just a bit dated. WiFi is hit or miss depending which room or building you’re in.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kellermorf
Ashwin R, General Manager at Chartridge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Kellermorf

Thank you for a great review and warming comments. We are looking to upgrade our WIFI by the end of May and will continue our refurbishment programme.

Hope to see you again soon.

Best Wishes