“Poor communication & no customer service”
Review of Caracalla Pizzeria

Caracalla Pizzeria
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Haberfield
Reviewed 8 May 2016

I have previously been to this restaurant , however this time the experience was very poor, in fact it ruined Mother's Day for mum. I made a reservation for Mother's Day , but was not told that we had to have the set menu until we arrived. We were the first guests in the restaurant at 12 noon , when we walked in the staff gave a very uninterested look, as if we were interrupting something. We tried to order our favourite dishes al a crate but were refused service as the waiter insisted that his boss had told him we can only have the Mother's Day set. I asked to speak to the Manager but he declined. Mind you we are the only 2 people in the restaurant.

The restaurant has many pizza awards hanging on the wall, these however are of no use when you don't treat your repeat customers right. I wood recommend they go and get some customer service and communications training.

4  Thank Claudio O
CaracallaManagement, Owner at Caracalla Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Hello Claudio,

I see you have given us a 5 Star rating on your last visit, thank you and my appologies you were not satisfied on this occasion.

I hope you can appreciate whilst almost all restaurants on Mothers Day operated a Full Set Menu between $60 - $80, we offered a very generous $38/head Entree Degustaton to still give our diners an opportunity to order A-La-Carte Mains without interupting a fluid service with a demanding 3 sittings within 5hours that left us no option to offer full A-La-Carte.

The Special Mothers Day Set Menu Entree Tasting Degustation included:-
Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
Salt and Pepper Calamari
Parmigiana Di Melenzane
Roasted Roman Artichokes

With an overwhelming demand to open for lunch, which was not planned as we only open for dinner, we needed to accommodate three sitting within a 5 hours space and you may have witnessed our staff a little stressed.

We had half the back section full prior to your arrival, I am aware you were sitted out in the front alfresco and may not have see this.

I was advised soon after by the Manager on Duty that you did not want the Set Menu as you felt it was too much food. We gave you the option have One Set menu between two and order the rest A-LA CARTE, which would have been $19/head, the Manager then came back to tell me that this was still not suitable for you and if you weren't allowed to order full A-LA CARTE you would take you mother elsewhere.

I think we were very accommodating to your situation, there was not much more we could say or do as we need to be FAIR TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS and to our team who worked very hard from 6am to put together a great menu , a great day with most part great feedback, compliments and appreciation for the hard work.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

We visited this restaurant with friends in 2015.

The restaurant was known to us from raving reviews of its food and establishment.

Overall, the food was excellent, the pizza was delicious, fresh and affordable. The service was scattered but I woild attribute this to how busy they were. I would recommend this restaurant to any foodie looking to explore sydneys food industry.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

We met at this restaurant as La Disfida was closed. What a disappointment! It is rare these days to be served by such disinterested staff, almost to the point of rudeness. There was absolutely no interaction. When we asked for a recommendation we were told he couldn't make one. The meals were delivered without ceremony. No Parmesan was offered. There was no checking on how we were going. We had to wave to get his attention to order desert, quite a long time after our mains had eventually been removed. Shockingly sub standard. The pasta dish was adequate, and the desert was very good indeed. But I won't go back. The chair my friend sat on was very low. She is small and we could see that there were different types of chairs around so we asked to try another chair. Waiter seemed most put out. Back to La Disfida we go.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

We ordered home delivery of gnocchi and a Sopressa pizza. The gnocchi was delicious and came with some fresh crusty bread to mop up all of the yummy sauce. The pizza was also delicious, great base and toppings. The pizza and pasta sizes were quiet small however we didn't overeat so maybe that isn't such a bad thing. We will order from here again.

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Went there as a group of 4 and shared some pizza and pasta. Service was exceptional and food was beyond delicious. Absolutely delightful
Highly recommend as a must visit