Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
US$ 107
US$ 80
  • Breakfast included
Islazul Villa Don Lino(Rafael Freyre)
US$ 76
  • Pool
US$ 100
US$ 95
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
4,381 results
All reviewsseafood restaurantel patiohavana barvilla poolpizzamartini barvilla buffetjohn lennonhotel sectiona la carte restaurantschurrosthe main hotelmain pooldonutslobstertea gardenwater ballet
Reviewed 18 April 2012

wonderful staff ; especially jovani,lisset, (entertainment) mirella (housekeeping) maria (buffet) & sweet gal who cleaned the lobby (sorry i don;t have her name...she has a 9 yr old son if that helps).i judge by public area washrooms...(weird but tells so much about resort) the absolute cleanest i have seen with this my 7th trip to caribbean (cuba,jamaica,dominican).the food was delicious (something for everyone).don't miss the swim up bar FUN FUN FUN.if they offer rm 473 REFUSE,your view A ROOF.upgrade when you make your reservation cheaper & oceanside worth every penny.if your lucky DAYAMI will preform while there, promise you will have tears,beautiful voice & lovely lady.feel free to take along new canada flag (need to replace 1 @ swim up bar) would like to see nova scotia flag there too so pls take.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank shirley1937
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at Brisas 3-14 April. We had a fantastic holiday. Our room was on the second floor facing the garden and was peaceful, hardly any noise in the corridor from fellow guests.

We had a leak in the bathroom from the room above and the plumber was at the room door as soon as I had put the phone down! Great service!

We had 2 TA dinners and have made some good friends - hopefully we'll all keep in touch - emails are already whizzing amongst us.

The only a la carte restaurant we didn't try was the kebab - it closed for the low season the day I tried to book. That wasn't a great problem, we went to the buffet instead. I wasn't disappointed with any meal. The quality of food was excellent.

Staff in the resort were so nice and friendly from the lady on toilet cleaning duty to the security men on the seafront. I have to mention the toilets though. I have never been in a hotel (in UK or abroad) where the standard of cleanliness was so high! It seemed that there were toilet fairies who cleaned up almost constantly! I also take my hat of to the young lady who was cleaning the marble walkways after midnight one night (the only night we were up late).

The beach is beautiful with an abundance of loungers and trees or umbrellas for shade. The pool has lots of loungers but not much shade. As anywhere else, there are inconsiderate guests who insist on 'booking' loungers in the shade either late at night or VERY early in the morning and leaving them empty for most of the day - wish I'd had the gumption to take the towels off!!

We had a morning of exceptionally heavy rain and quite a bit of the hotel was under water. The beach was left with deep craturs where the rain had washed the sand into the sea. However, the staff worked tirelessly to keep the hotel dry. Rain went off around lunchtime and normal service was restored.

We would happily go back to the Brisas

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
24  Thank Hamish01
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Brisas april 6-14. overall good hotel. Family of five. before leaving on our trip asked for adjoining rooms on a higher floor.Arrived and were given two seperate rooms on the main floor with a leaky ceiling in the bathroom in one of them.
However by 14:00 the next day we were moved to the 3 rd floor with connecting rooms. All done with no problem at the front desk villa section. We were really happy about this :) Rooms ok for the purpose. We found that we had to be at the beach before 8:00 to find some places in the shade because the chairs (loungers) were often reserved ! For the respect of the cuban people
please pick up after yourselves. Cigarette butts on the beach. Kids do not like playing with them! I smoke and a simple 30 second walk to the garbage makes a difference. I saw a dirty diaper and plates of food left beside the hotel pool ! Have some class, You represent your country!
The food for me was ok, like they say...it's Cuba. we had some heavy rain which changed the beautiful blue ocean water brown for a few days.Pool to the rescue. Hot by the pool, lots of loungers but again chairs were reserved in the best (shady) places with nobody on them.
The market is fun and not far but try to go before it gets to hot because there is not to much shade. Villa section is quiet, the grounds are well kept, Villa pool was not swimable for at least 2 days.. because of the rain ? lots of restos, Pizza really good. I gave some gloves to the gardeners & they seemed to be quite happy. We asked our maid what she would like the most as for the "gifts",her answer was shoes. Block 1 in the villas,we had one room facing the lobby & the other facing the west. Sunrise and Sunset ! Had to close the patio door at night lobby side because people arrive at all hours of the night. If we were the type to return to the same hotel..... if the price was right. Hope you did not fall asleep reading this

Room Tip: you get what you deserve !!!!!!! Have respect...Get respect :-)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank jalapenoQuebec
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We went to Brisas again on March 30th for two weeks. During the first week our daughter was married on the resort. Lisset Almeida (works in guest services) did a marvelous job planning and hosting a bar crawl around the resort for the wedding party. The resort is making upgrades to the grounds, bars and restaurants. The positive part of this is that it gives you more choices for la cartes and theme bars; however, the villa buffet wasn’t open for lunch or supper. We also attended the returning guests tree planting and luncheon, which was again excellent, making all returning guests feeling welcome and at home. During our stay besides the nightly entertainment on the stage and in the hotel lobby, there was a special concert by the bronze statue of John Lennon, which was all very entertaining. We were also lucky enough to attend the private dinner for the ‘trip advisor’ panel members. The food was amazing and the service was extraordinary, prompting me to leave a 5ccu tip. Unfortunately, when I stood up and turned around, some other guest gathered all the tips up off the table, putting them into a cup not leaving it for the servers it was meant for. Without asking permission from the members who left the tips, I viewed this as very inappropriate, rude and in poor judgment. Overall, our trip was another memorable experience and I will be returning again for my sixth stay.

Room Tip: Gardenview in the hotel is quieter than oceanview.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank impala49
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed in the villa section of the resort, the rooms were very large and quite comfortable. While staying at the villas it seemed that you are totally forgotten about by the hotel staff. The buffet is only open for breakfast, the lobby bar is only open fron 3pm until 10pm, the beach bar and seafood restaurant are open during the day but twice in 2 weeks it was closed for private parties at lunch time ( parties put on by the hotel) so you had to leave the beach and go to the hotel for lunch, these closeurs were not posted in advance.
Overall the food was very good, we tried all of the a la carts, all were good but the cuban was thel one we liked the least.
All activities took place at the hotel and not once during our stay did we see anyone from the entertainment staff come to the villa section to see if anyone would like to take part in any activities, it seemed that if you were in the villas you were there to die.
The pool at the hotel was spotless, not so in the villas, there seemed to be problems with the filtration system and every day there was a layer of scum on the bottom of the pool. The pool deck was only cleaned once in the 2 weeks we were there.
Now about the staff, everyone was fantastic except the ones on the reception desk, at times they would totally ignore you or act as if they couldn't care less about any inquiries you may have, they did not present a good impression. I am referring to the staff at the villas reception.
This was our 1 and only trip to the brisas, in the 10 to 15 years of traveling to cuba this was not the best vacation. We stayed from mar.30 until apr 13.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple