2,033 results
All reviews diamond club snack bar cascading pools foam party mobility issues pizza lot of seaweed bat cave stairs to climb sea weed lower pool cuban restaurant fish bug bites special dinner chicken a la carte
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Our family had a great time. My 7 year old enjoyed the kids club and had a great time. Ali and Lily and their team did a great job taking care of the kids. The service is free (at tip is always appreciated of course) and truly given with care and love.

When I arrived Ali was braiding hair in the carribean style, Lily was doing face painting for the kids and the activities were fun. There was a birthday party for kids with a surprise visit from Toopy and Binoo.

There is a small pool by the kids mini club which is great. We stayed in the 600 block which was nice since it was close to the kids section.

The pools were great.

Sandra at the buffet had a smile the entire time and treated kids like royalty.

As a family we were very happy.

4  Thank Daniel G
Director G, Director General at Memories Holguin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Daniel,

We hope you had a nice flight back home.

It is a great pleasure to receive our guest compliments and more were it comes from our returning guests, we appreciate all the details you are sharing with us and all the suggestions you are providing in order to provide the excellent service our guests are used to. All the departments involved are reviewing and reinforcing the improvements regarding this matters.

It will be such a huge pleasure to welcome you back, so we could share more wonderful moments. Make sure you send us your booking details and preferences for your next year stay, we will be very glad to look after your time with us.

Best regards form our little paradise.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

This is my first time, I'm doing this, I never complain, However this place is low !
Serious sewage over floating problem, terrible smell !!!
Restaurant - the WORST services, food from grill awful, waiting for 40 min to get food
This is sick !
They used water from faucet, we all got problem with very bad taste, and some stomach issue, after big discuss/fight with restaurant people/manager they start service better taste one.
At the check out they charge us for phone call to Canada $10 (we did NOT make any phone call)
If you take taxi to see area, recommended one from hotel, he will stop only at the place he want, and he got cut from each store, same like guy from hotel - corrupted !
Beach is nice and clean,
We go to Cuba min one, twice per year, but let me be clear
I will NOT go to this hotel again !

Room Tip: Do NOT pay extras

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to apologize for any worries you may have encountered during your visit to Holguin. We take note of your comments to find a solution.

Thank you again for choosing Memories Holguin for your vacation. We hope you will give us a second chance and we will have the pleasure of seeing you back home.

Yours,

General manager

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I read many reviews about this hotel and to be honest thought it would be better. It is a beautiful resort with gorgeous pools and incredible beach. No complaints there. Check in was easy and room was spacious and always clean. Drinks were great as well and if you kept tipping you would get good service. My biggest complaint was the food. The selection was very sad and bland. My kids really ate bread with butter the entire week. The 24 hour snack bar had nothing to offer except hot dogs and hamburgers and pizza sometimes. Long lineups everywhere. At the buffet we had to line up to three different lines to get our food. It was ridiculous. I never had to wait 30 to 40 minutes before just to get an omelette. I am an experienced traveller and this was my 5 th time to Cuba and the wait times at the resort shocked me. Service overall was not the greatest, workers were mostly miserable and loved saying no to everything. They were serving us tap water and would get annoyed if you asked them to bring you mineral or bottled water. It was like they were trying to hide it from us. Money exchange took over an hour at the hotel, longest wait ever.
I loved how beautiful the resort is but would never return because of food and poor service.
We had travelled as a family of 4 and three of us had stomach issues which could certainly be attributed to food quality...
Also we had diamond club and it was a big scam. Dedicated beach area with a waiter. Well we never saw a waiter...

Room Tip: we had room 415 and it was great and close to pool and the beach second floor
4  Thank _ochmir
Director G, Director General at Memories Holguin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time writing about your experience in Memories Holguin.

Reading the comment it is hard to believe that you are talking about us. Anyways we will check what you said in order to keep improving our service. Remember that we are in business to give a great experience to our guest.

I hope you can give us a new opportunity in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Avoid Air CANADA vacation reps at the resort. Attempted to book the Hasta la Vista’ tour for our last day.

Rudy the AC rep (he is a local) quoted us the USD cash price of USD$160 for 2 adults and 2 kids. He would not accept our payment however since it wasn’t exact change. He suggested I get change on my own immediately or pay by credit card. I told him I would go back to my room and get exact change.

Upon my return 10 minutes later the price I had been quoted magically changed to USD$200. Rudy seems to use CUC and USD interchangeably to suit his need apparently.

Deny deny deny was his defence- no I never offered you that price, no you never attempted to give me the cash.

A conversation with his ‘manager’ Camilo by phone solved absolutely nothing. No sir he says he never offered you that price etc.

BE WARY WHEN DEALING WITH THE AC VACATION REPS

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank ahh99
Director G, Director General at Memories Holguin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your comments about your experience with us on trip advisor.

Our goal is always to create unique and memorable experiences for you but most important for us is to strengthen bonds and become a huge Memories Holguin family.

We are glad to know that we have achieved this goal with you and this vacations were beyond expectations thanks to the amazing job of our staff that were always on top of every detail.

We hope to see you soon for your next visit, please remember to contact us prior arrival and we will assist you with the details of the future visits.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our vacation at this resort. We arrived to Holguin mid day, the airport was packed and ended up waiting in lines for 2 hours. When we got the resort a resort worker took us to our room and assisted us with our bags. We gave him some Canadian change as we had not changed our money over to CUC yet, instead of thanking us he just looked at it and rolled his eyes. On either side of the door to our room there were several dirty badly stained mattresses airing out, resting on the railings. Instead of a King sized bed, that we had booked, we were given 2 twin beds pushed together with separate sheets. Very outdated room and needs some repairs.

The food here is absolutely disgusting. We are not picky eaters, but everything is not cared for properly. Cold food is warm and hot food is cold, unless you wait in the line for 30 minutes or more for fresh hot food. However, we noted that they use the same utensils for cooked and raw meats. I spent 24 hours unable to leave my room, as I was vomiting and had diarrhea. The dining room tables were rarely set, unless you were the first people in. Often had to ask for cutlery and napkins and wait a while for them.

We were very disappointed with the service. We found the resort staff in general not friendly, polite or appreciative for tips, all except for Tania our housekeeper (she is excellent). We found the staff to expect tips, and even giving tips didn’t mean the service got any better.

The beach was nice. The pools were well kept. However, the resort itself is very run down and needs a lot of work. The resort grounds smell like sewage in some main areas. Lots of stray cats wandering around the grounds, and in the dining areas.

Im not writing this to spite the resort. I just want to prevent anyone else from experiencing what we did. Every other hotel guest we met and spoke to expressed the same complaints and were as surprised as we were with how bad the resort was (based on reviews online that we’d all read)

We regret our choice in spending our vacation savings and time off here. We will never return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jfrizz33

Dear Guest,

I hope you can give us a new opportunity in the future.

Best Regards,