My boyfriend and I spent 12 days at this hotel. I really enjoyed it here and rate the hotel at a 4 star, but my boyfriend was not as impressed and rates it closer to a 3 star.
The hotel is 11 years old and is dated, but the rooms are clean and spacious. The grounds are beautiful and well cared for.
The buffet does have quite a variety of food for Cuba, but the best food is at the cooking stations.The most popular seems to be the pizza and the pasta stations as there is always a lineup and approx. a 10 minute wait.
The Japanese restaurant is very good,but too much soya sauce makes the food quite salty.
The Italian restaurant was just ok , the Cuban a little better. Our favorite was the steakhouse.
Although it cost 15 pesos to eat here it was well worth it. You got a real bbq'd steak or a whole lobster for this price.
The beach was quite nice although not as large as in Veradero. We found the sand nicer here than at the Blau or the Pesquero. The snorkeling was disappointing to us as we went to Jamaica last year and the fish were not as plentiful or as colorful as what we saw in Jamaica.
We enjoyed this area of Cuba better than Veradero. It is in more of a country setting, not just a hotel strip and therefor when you travelled outside of the hotel you had a better representation of the real Cuba.
The people in the area seemed very friendly as they were always waving as you went by on the bus, or taxi or even in horse and buggy.
The staff in the hotel were also just as friendly, but only if you were outgoing with them. Otherwise they gave you just average service.
All in all I found the hotel very relaxing, which is probably why they have so many returning customers. A large number of people that we met here had been to this hotel over 5 times.
It does seem to be good value for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation, buffet meals, 3 a la carte restaurants and El Bohío resturant with charge, 7 bars, 24-hour snacks and lobby, unlimited drinks, Mini Club, pools, Jacuzzis, day/night entertainment, water/land sports with equipment and instruction, gym, air-conditioned rooms with bathroom, hair drier, telephone, safe, satellite TV, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee maker, mini fridge with welcome drinks, terrace or balcony. All Inclusive! Plus ($): internet, tours, hairdresser, massage, car rental and shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Playa Costa Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Costa Verde Cuba
- Playa Costa Verde Rafael Freyre
- Playa Costa Verde Holguin
- Costa Playa Verde
- Hotel Playa Costa Verde Cuba/Rafael Freyre, Holguin Province