“An evening of excellent food”
Review of Charlie Restaurant

Charlie Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 39 Restaurants in Poppi
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 19
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We were warmly welcomed even though we had no reservation. Our hostess was very pleasant and friendly. We choose the mixed local cheeses to start accompanied by chestnut honey. When I enquired where I could purchase the honey they gave me a small pot and told me where I could find it locally. My partner had the guinea fowl and porchini and I had the wild boar both tasted great and portions were generous. A shared desert of chocolate cake with hazelnuts and pear and we were both very full! A great place to go with emphasis on Casentino foods and wines at a reasonable price, Fabulous views too.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely meal, lovely hostess. Felt welcome and comfortable and the food was traditional and filling. My mussel and bean pasta was delicious and my husband enjoyed his pici pasta ragu. Would return again.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The dinner and the Service were great. The restaurant is built in a castle. There is a wonderful view. Everything is very modern.
It was awesome

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

What a little gem of a restaurant this was! This was an intimate setting, exceptional service and a menu that branches away from traditional Italian and offers an insight into the Chef's worldly travels through the flavours. Best restaurant in town, set atop a historic castle setting.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at Charlie. We had the best table on the terrace (back end of the terrace). Wonderful panorama! The food was good. Price quality excellent. Service very friendly and correct. Highly recommendable.