Review Highlights
Stunning - beautiful

Toi Hauauru studios - beautiful couple who run and deliver this studio and its works - Highly... read more

Reviewed 25 January 2017
Roving691491
Amasing Artist at Work.

Recently I received my Ta Moko by local Maori artist Simon Te Wheoro in Whaingaroa (Raglan... read more

Reviewed 4 January 2016
Tedistravelling

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Recently I received my Ta Moko by local Maori artist Simon Te Wheoro in Whaingaroa (Raglan, NZ).
Now, entrusting someone to design and tattoo myself is not something I take lightly. Can I tell you, Simon is the most professional and reassuring person you'll ever meet. After providing Simon details of my Maori Whakapapa, Simon designed my Ta Moko, stepped me through the process and explained the significance of each part of my design providing me peace of mind.
After my Ta Moko was complete I could not be happier. It was indeed a life changing moment for me to acknowledge my Maori heritage. A special mention must be for Simon's Mum. She made me feel at home and always greeted us with a smile.
Toi Hauauru Studio is situated less than 5 mins drive outside the Raglan township. The Studio exhibits beautiful artwork and carvings completed by Simon and other local artists.
I cannot recommend Simon Te Wheoro's 'Toi Hauauru Studio' enough. A fantastic experience from a truly talented artist.

Date of experience: December 2015