“Vacation getaway”

Bay Gardens Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rodney Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed here from Sept. 26, 2017-Oct. 05, 2017. We a had fabulous time. Our arrival check-in was quick, smooth and seamless. Our room was clean and spacious, and just steps away from the pool area, bar, and restaurant. The room was cleaned and even mopped everyday. The shower pressure was great. Beds were firm but comfortable. Air conditioning worked well.The staff is TOP NOTCH. If we had a concern or needed something attended to, the front desk answered the phone quickly, and took care the issues very promptly. 5 star service, friendly and helpful and warm, was the atmosphere. It felt like family to us. We had he breakfast package, which I strongly recommend. Breakfast was a fulfilling treat. Although buffet style, the breakfast staff was attentive in refilling your coffee or tea cup. Also they would ask if everything was alright. The Plantains are the best that I have ever had. Yummy!!! The hotel is located in close walking distance to the malls, a grocery store, post office, bars, banks, various shops, and restaurants,. The area is safe even after dark. There is a cab stand if you need it , right on the hotel grounds. There is a hotel shuttle that runs every hour on the half hour that takes you to the Bay Gardens Resort, which is located right on the beautiful beach. Bay Gardens Hotel has very beautiful and very well kept grounds. I strongly suggest that you that time to explore them, they are deceptively large. The food at the hotel restaurant is very good, we ate there a few times, and was never disappointed. The hotel guests are generally very friendly. We met some very nice people from London, and have become friends with them. One of the bartenders, I believe his name is Jermaine, is all the best. He pours top of the line cocktail quality drinks, he helped us with some suggestions on things to do around the island. We always looked forward to coming to the bar when he was on duty. Along with great weather, it only rained hard one day, the warm, and friendly and helpful staff made this a very very very enjoyable and memorable vacation from top to bottom. Check- out took all of one minute. The staff is very well trained and professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I definitely recommend this hotel, it was intimate fun and relaxing. The resort was a bit more upscale, but it seems a bit isolated from things, as not really in walking distance. St. Lucia is a destination and Bay Gardens Hotel is definitely worth a revisit. Arriving by cab to the hotel our driver was Curt. If you get him, you are in for a very special treat. He showed and told us and even took us to some of the local places that you might not get to see. Awesome guide. On our way back to the airport we had Charlie a our cab driver. He was Awesome as well. He told us of the history of the island, about the people, the economy,political scene, and also some of his personal family history. Maybe we were just Blessed, but we met some very beautiful people coming, during our stay, and departure. St. Lucia is a wonderful place to vacation, I am looking forward to coming back very soon. Very beautiful island and beautiful people. :)

Room Tip: We were in room 105, it was just steps away from the pool, and had a good view of everything.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linford C
baygardensresorts, Guest Experience Manager at Bay Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you for sharing such a warm review and perfect rating. It gives us absolute delight hearing of such great experiences that our staff and services, all contributed towards in ensuring such a memorable stay, and is the exact service we continuously strive to provide all of our guests. We are very pleased that you allowed us the opportunity to attend to any concerns or needs that you may have had during your stay. Customer Service that feels like family is what we aim for, while being helpful, friendly and professional. It is experiences and positive feedback such as yours that motivate our business and our team. To know that the efforts and hard work of every team member is enjoyed and appreciated. With that said we will ensure that those mentioned receive your regards as I'm sure it was a pleasure catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Thank you once again for choosing the Bay Gardens Resorts and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here from sept 16th through September 18th. We arrived on the Saturday September 16th after sailing on the Windjammer, S/V Mandaly. It is a beautiful 3 masted ship excellent for fun, excitement, and adventure. It is sailed under Capt. Sly, and can be contacted by googling Sail Windjammer. And contacting Tori, sales manager. Once arriving ethe Bay Gardens hotel and inn, we were greeted by Cheryl Gustave who checked us in and gave us a fantastic two bedroom two bath condo which we requested. It was steps away from the pool. There was a complimentary breakfast every morning. And a very nice bar to hang out at night. There is a mall next door with lots to do. The rooms are very spacious and clean. We had a great time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
baygardensresorts, Guest Experience Manager at Bay Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear about your fun and adventurous sail to the Bay Gardens Hotel and that you had a great time once you arrived. It is also very good to hear that you were able to experience some of the many perks our location offers. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Very peaceful.. I enjoyed my week staying at the Bay Gardens Inn. It was very peaceful. Staff has been friendly and professional especially one man in particular at the reception .. I don't remember his name at the moment but there's a few pictures of him across the website one labelled the front desk gang. Excellent breakfast too

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
baygardensresorts, Guest Experience Manager at Bay Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you for your perfect review. Lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Bay Gardens Inn. Peacefulness is one of the many essentials of a great vacation and it is so good to hear that you found this with us. In addition customer service is an aspect we take great pride in and so it pleases us to know that you were no exception to this. We will certainly find this particular gentleman from reception and forward your regards for his friendliness and professionalism. Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I travel to St. Lucia regularly for work, and I never seem to be put in the same place twice. Which is kind of nice because I get to experience quite a few places.

I was spending 1 night in St. Lucia this time and my office put me to stay here. I tend to request staying in the Rodney Bay area because there are a lot of options for dinner and just to have a little walk around. I had heard about this place before, so was looking forward to staying there myself.

Check-in was a breeze and went off perfectly. I got my key and headed to my room. The room was nothing special by way of hotel rooms, but it was clean and comfortable, which at the end of the day means at least no matter what I will have a good nights sleep. Shortly after checking in I headed out to work.

Later I came back to Rodney Bay, had some dinner somewhere and went back to the hotel. I had a decent nights sleep. The A/C unit seemed to be a bit off, it was either bitterly cold or got a little warm, and it was like that all night. I was only there the one night so I reported it the next morning so the hotel could get it checked before someone else stayed there for longer.

Breakfast was my only complaint. I had a tight schedule the next morning. I had to get out to work for a few hours then get to the airport and get my flight home. But when I went for breakfast, 15 minutes after they say they started serving breakfast, they still weren't ready. I sat for another 10 minutes before they started bringing food out to the buffet tables. But this time I was already late, so I just grabbed some juice and a water and left. I would have been happy with a small breakfast, but 30 minutes after breakfast was meant to start you're still setting up? I don't have time for that. If I was on vacation and wasn't rushing to go anywhere it might be OK. But I was working and on a schedule.

All in all I think this could be a very nice place to stay if you're in St. Lucia on a short getaway and need somewhere clean, safe, comfortable, and affordable to stay. I don't I myself could manage staying there more than a few nights. It's also well located for business trips, but things need to happen on time otherwise business wise it doesn't make sense.

I don't think I would make this place my first choice in the future, but at the same time it's not somewhere I would totally write-off.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
baygardensresorts, Guest Experience Manager at Bay Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We'd like to first apologize that you waited longer than you expected for breakfast. Your comments are appreciated as it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain, and where necessary, improve on the service we provide to all of our valued customers. In addition, your feedback has been passed on to our Executive Administration in efforts of ensuring a more sufficient standard of service as it pertains to guests on business travels.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The rooms were clean. The area is a great area in terms of shopping. There is a KFC, tons of food places near by as well. A supermarket for anything you needed on your trip. The beach is near. Breakfast is amazing. The front desk staff is great.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
baygardensresorts, Guest Experience Manager at Bay Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Thank you for you review and highlighting the many perks of our hotel including the convenience of Shopping areas, Dining and Supermarkets as well the Beach. It is also very great to hear that you found Breakfast amazing and were able to experience our great customer service support. We hope you visit again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rodney Bay
1 km away
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#4 of 15 in Gros Islet

Been to Bay Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK