All reviewsreduit beachrichard michelinvirgin crewpool barst luciarex resortdeluxe suiteseparate showerbeach fronttwo sinksthe general managerturn down servicerodney bay areaair canadapigeon islandbeach vendorsrum punch
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Yet another visit to the Royal confirms that Richard Michelin and his Staff are maintaining the standard set since our visit last year. This is a place for those who are looking for something special. The suites are well appointed, the public areas are welcoming and all in keeping with what one would expect from a top class Caribbean hotel. The food is of the very highest quality. We had a private dinner on the beach with a wonderful view, personal service and food which would grace the table of any restaurant anywhere - and I mean anywhere. That said, it is the people who make the Royal special. They go out of their way to be friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble. We have never known better service. We have already confirmed for next year. Do try the Royal and to those who used to visit the hotel, it really is time to try it once again. For former Royal guests, the answer to your question is, yes, the Virgin Crew are still there but the Royal offers so much that the antics of the crew are less than a minor irritation - they can actually provide some free entertainment - especially if you travel BA! Thanks to Richard and everyone at the Royal. See you next year.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank donaldrfin
RoyalStLuciaResort, General Manager at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Many thanks for posting your review on your recent stay.
It was indeed my staff and my great pleasure to have had the opportunity to have welcomed you back to your Caribbean home away from home again.
It is extremely gratifying to know that you both felt that we are maintaining our standards,that the food is of the highest quality and that all of our hardworking team members make this a special place for you with their friendliness and service.
It would be great to have some of our previous guests back again to see the changes we have made.
My Team and i look forward to seeing you both again next year.
Our very best Wishes
Richard Michelin

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We were visiting the beach but found ourselves ambushed by vendors ... Very different from three years prior
The beach was heaving and all we wanted was a cocktail something to eat and somewhere to chill out
We were approached by a young man who pointed out a clothing malfunction on my daughter
He happened to be a member of staff at this hotel
We told him we were just looking for somewhere that wasn't the crowded beach
He took us poolside at the hotel and introduced us to the staff
I cannot sing their praises enough
We were fed watered and well catered to
We had burgers and fries which were delicious
The strawberry daiquiris were heaven ... I'd recommend here for those alone!!!!
The staff were friendly and attentive
We returned just before we left the island and again we were not disappointed... Although we stupidly ate elsewhere that was nothing in comparison to here
I fly back in October and look forward to drinking many a daiquiri before coming back home

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
RoyalStLuciaResort, Sales and Marketing Manager at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and our tasty meals! We'd also like to thank you for that recommendation, we work hard to deliver a unique experience and we always strive to deliver great customer service. We would be delighted to serve you again and look forward to making your experience continuously memorable one.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We have just checked out following a short stay at The Royal. On arrival we were told we would have a significant delay getting into our room. This was ok for us as we had travelled from a different hotel so hadn't been on a long haul flight. The manageress, Beverley, came to find us on the beach apologising profusely for the delay and informing us we would be in the best accommodation they could provide for us. We were also given a temporary room so we could shower, relax etc Later her colleague informed us we were invited to dinner, free of charge, in their signature restaurant. The room was stunning and the meal fantastic, despite fine dining the restaurant catered for our fussy 13 year old boys!
We also experienced excellent customer service from one of the pool attendants who sourced aloe vera from a beach vendor for our son's mosquito bites.
The hotel is clean, functional and in a great location. The staff are friendly and polite and we were impressed with the standard of hospitality we experienced.
This is a well cared for hotel with some excellent staff - highly recommended and very good value for money!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank mumoftwinsboys
RoyalStLuciaResort, Director of Sales at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for choosing The Royal St.Lucia Resort and Spa, and for taking the time to write such a great review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and we really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. Your comments will certainly be passed on to our team members and our chef will be very pleased to see that you enjoyed your meals. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Beverley Antoine
Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Am sitting by the pool using the wifi to write this review - we've had no issues with it in the public areas or in the room. We moved here from another Rex resort which had been very disappointing and are delighted to find that this hotel is very different. Beautiful lobby and check in process. Fantastic rooms - spacious, charmingly Caribbean but also very comfortable. All the rooms are 'suites' which in some hotels is just another name for a room. However, these are suites. The bed area is raised and separated by stairs and wooden shutters from the seating area. The bathroom is great - separate bath and huge shower enclosure with great rain shower. Separate WC. Effective and very quiet air con. We have a ground floor garden room which is fantastic - ten steps to the pool from the big patio which has comfortable furniture. There is a lovely turn down service also.
The public areas are very pretty. The only suggestion would be for a few more umbrellas at the pool and perhaps a drinks service around the pool and on the beach.
Staff are very attentive and helpful. The gardener was cutting grass near the pool and came over to explain/apologise. Excellent customer care. There was a manager's cocktail reception held in the lovely bar and this was really enjoyable. The managers were all really sociable and it has made a difference knowing who they are around the resort. The General Manager seems to be very hands on.
There is no All Inclusive option for most guests - perhaps this might change the feel of the hotel if this was an option. The hotel has a more exclusive feel about it which is part of its attraction. The restaurants and bars are lovely and well stocked/staffed. We would definitely come back to this hotel. It's really worth the tortuous trip from the airport!

Stayed: July 2017
RoyalStLuciaResort, Director of Sales at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to give your valuable feedback on your experiences at the Royal St.Lucia Resort and Spa. We have noted your overall great experience and we are delighted to have met your expectations.
We pride ourselves in great customer service and work hard to ensure the best food and service to our valued customer.
It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary improve the service that is provided to our guests. We have noted your suggestions at the pool with regards to the umbrellas and pool/beach beverage service and this will be addressed for even more comfort towards your stay.
We express our appreciation in your recognition of our employees at the resort.
We certainly hope you continue to making your stay at the Royal St.Lucia Resort and Spa a memorable one and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warm regards,
B. Antoine
Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I'm sitting at their restaurant waiting for my starter soup bored to death so I figured I would write a review using my cell data since Wi-Fi is terrible. I have been waiting about 50 minutes for my soup while watching non all inclusive patrons arriving after me get served full meals. So first tip is to reconsider the all inclusive option. In fact, avoid it completely. It only includes a vey limited menu, domestic drinks and noting else. Even bottled water has to be purchased.

If you are expecting something similar to Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic or even Cuba you will be very disappointed. This hotel will at best be rated 3* in Mexico and that is being very generous.

There is no drinks service on the beach and when you go to the pool bar you have to keep reminding them that you are all inclusive since they don't bother giving you a wrist band to identify.

The room is very nice and the staff do everything in their limited control to make your stay good. Tips are required and make a huge difference.

The Rodney Bay area is great. I will be eating all of my dinners in town starting tomorrow since there is great selection and fast service. I've had enough of sitting like an idiot at this place. There is a supermarket close by so I've been buying my own beer, rum and bottled water.

The island as a whole is amazing and worth the visit. I scuba dove with scuba st lucia and had a great time. They pick you up in the hotel lobby free of charge. The people are wonderful and tell great stories.

I am cigar smoker and this hotel does not allow smoking anywhere on the premises. The bars in rodney bay cater to you though. Just look for ashtrays. I suggest bringing your own since in town selection is sketchy.

I will definitely come back to st lucia but not this hotel. Maybe if I did not do the all inclusiveI would reconsider.

Still waiting for my soup.........

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank K D
RoyalStLuciaResort, General Manager at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.
It is most unfortunate that we do not meet your expectations. I have read your comments on the service in our restaurant and the time it took to get your soup.
Service challenges may occur in the best of establishments however I cannot find any records of this being brought to the attention of either the Restaurant Manager or the other member of Management who were in the restaurant that night as this would have been the fastest way to resolve any issues you may have had with the service or the resort. Unfortunately we did not know your concerns until 24 hours later through your post.
Our resort is an all-suite, traditional beach front property which offers a variety of meal plans one of which includes breakfast lunch dinner and local drinks. You are right, we are not like some of the well-known chains in Jamaica and Mexico which offer a totally all-inclusive package with buffet meals nonstop music and activities .Ours is a more relaxed style where our guests have the opportunity to be located right in the heart of Rodney Bay on one of the best beaches in St Lucia and enjoy their vacation at their own pace..
I will certainly look into the beach drinks service as we do have a waiter on staff to serve on the beach.
We do not use arm bands but just ask our AI Guests to sign for their drinks like everyone else and we pick up the tab.
I am delighted that you find your suite very nice and that our staff are looking after you.
Yes, we are a nonsmoking hotel in our public areas and advertise ourselves as such.
Sorry if you were not made aware of this earlier.
I sincerely hope we might have the opportunity meet up before you leave St Lucia.
Best Wishes